Wicked Lite

williammunny

Just pulled this out of the basement for the first time in years.

Wicked Lite
Serial #228W38
1993?
metallic purple
Size: can't recall (I seem to remember they sized from center of BB to top of seat post. That measures between 18" and 19.5", which I think were the sizes in that range. Or was it M/L?)

I built this as a frameset in 1995. Bought it from the shop I had worked at previously. They were happy to get rid of it, as it had been hanging in the shop for a couple of years. I built it from the typical former wrench's box of parts.

Original build:
wheels- Mavic 230 hoops on Shimano LX hubs
derailleurs- Shimano XTR
crankset- Shimano XT
brakes/levers- Suntour XC Pro
pedals- Suntour XC pro grease guard
shifters- Suntour XC pro thumbies
bar ends- Onza
bottle cage- Ringle
saddle bag- MountainSmith

Several years ago, I decided to break out the old ride and revamp a bit. I had used the original stem and handlebar for another build, years earlier (a Wojick I think). I don't remember what the handlebar was, but I think the stem was a Syncros. I added a new (at that time) Salsa stem and handlebars. Also added a new Selle Italia Flight saddle to replace the original that had been stripped and used on other rides. Replaced dry rotted Ritchey gumwalls with new version of Panaracer Dart/Smoke. I'm not sure if seatpost is the original or not. Nothing special.

After the revamp, it went back in the basement, and there it sat.

Attachments

• 1993 Fat Chance Wicked Lite.JPG
    1993 Fat Chance Wicked Lite.JPG
    254.1 KB · Views: 62
  • 1993 Wicked Lite.JPG
    1993 Wicked Lite.JPG
    214.7 KB · Views: 45

williammunny

Haven't ridden it for years. It was always a bit small for me. I never really used it for true mtb'ing. Used it to get to the crags back when I was climbing a ton.

Stingercut

I have just taken delivery of a 19.5” WL frame and forks. It feels seriously light as a steel frame. Pretty stoked to build this up but i plan to hold off on the bling :beer: :beer:

williammunny

Nice. If mine was a 19.5" I'd spring for a White Bros suspension fork and ride it more. And yeah, they are ridiculously light.

Stingercut

Like the sound of the White Bros fork :cool: but im a lover of classic rigid riding these days. Just need a few parts now and my ol favourite Cook Bros cranks and im good to go. :beer::beer: