Help with identifying a Wicked model year

scooderdude

The serial number is 705W19. The seat tube happens to measure 19" c2c, with a top tube of ~22.3" c2c. I have yet to find a catalog listing for a 19" frame, and the TT matched what I see for the 18" Wicked in 1990; there was also a 19.5" frame offered (22.8" TT), but no 19. In 1992 they came out with the Wicked Lite.

So, by deduction, it may be a 1991, but does one tell for sure?

rick

wicked sizing

the Wicked is measured center-to-top so this is actually considered a 19.5" frame...just minor semantics, I know....

scooderdude

the Wicked is measured center-to-top so this is actually considered a 19.5" frame...just minor semantics, I know....

Note the serial number - stamped "19". Also, if it were a 19.5" frame, then the TT length should be longer than the 22.3" it measures out to be.

What is the source of your info?

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
Except isn't the "19" actually "1" for 1991 and "9" for the size?

As for the TT length, measuring C-T instead of C-C would mean the TT length would be shorter than one might expect for another 19.5 frame.

DC

Except isn't the "19" actually "1" for 1991 and "9" for the size?

As for the TT length, measuring C-T instead of C-C would mean the TT length would be shorter than one might expect for another 19.5 frame.

My Wicked (A00718W) is an 18 obviously, but due to the under-chainstay U-brake I doubt it is a 91??? It seems they would of all went to seatstay canti braze ons by then???? (ps no idea what the "A"means in my s#)