Collectors Alert - Brand New Yo Eddy

Butcher

I don't normally call out auctions...but when was the last time someone saw a brand spanking new Yo Eddy for sale? Dude also knows it's worth a lot so it's not like I'm blowing someone elses find. It is out on eBay right now - S/M Yo. Seller claims it's never been built and that it is the last S/M Yo Eddy to be sold by Fat City. Dang, cannot be to many unbuilt brand new Yo's floating aroung anymore!

Opinions?

rick

NOS frame

cannot be to many unbuilt brand new Yo's floating aroung anymore!

Actually there might be more than you think.

I have an unbuilt last year Yo as well; M/L Chameleon Metallica and there may well be more....

Butcher

cannot be to many unbuilt brand new Yo's floating aroung anymore!

Actually there might be more than you think.

I have an unbuilt last year Yo as well; M/L Chameleon Metallica and there may well be more....

Interesting for sure. So late model, last year Yo's are not that rare. What would the opinions be on a similar situation with an early pre suspension NOS Yo frame set, Say a 90 or 91 with the matching Yo Eddy fork?

In my opinion the more collectable Yo's are MA frames vs NY frames, even though they all ride sweet and the later frames have more updates from the evolution of the breed. If your looking for a daily rider/racer you might prefer the corrected geometry, threaded BB and 1 1/8 inch head set. Personally I would step up with more $$ for a Somerville frame.

IF52

It obviously only has value as NOS if it remains unbuilt and unridden. And to me that completely ruins the purpose of it. Buy it and ride it.

And while Mass Yos may be more collectable, I frankly would rather have a NY Yo with 1 1/8th head tube and more modern corrected geo. WAY easier to get nice forks and stems and junk for them these days.

Upchuck

NOS Fats

I dunno, I think a Fat collector owes it to him/herself to own at least one early Mass Fat frame in NOS condition. Here's my '89 Fat Chance:
1989_Fat_Chance_NOS_1.JPG

1989_Fat_Chance_NOS_5.JPG

1989_Fat_Chance_NOS_4.JPG

1989_Fat_Chance_NOS_3.JPG

1989_Fat_Chance_NOS_2.JPG

One day, I plan to hand it down to my grandson, who hasn't been born yet, so that he can do with it as he pleases. The rest of the Fats in my stable are riders.

IF52

That would kill me. It's just not in me to leave something unused, whether using it ruins the 'collector' value or not. It's like buying hot wheels or beanie babies for you kids and not letting them use them or take them out of the package because it might effect the value

Upchuck

That would kill me. It's just not in me to leave something unused, whether using it ruins the 'collector' value or not. It's like buying hot wheels or beanie babies for you kids and not letting them use them or take them out of the package because it might effect the value

Well that would be a little extreme to not let them play with the toys you bought them. Besides, that's what hazmat suits and latex gloves are for...;)
med_atomic_suit.jpg

Butcher

I dunno, I think a Fat collector owes it to him/herself to own at least one early Mass Fat frame in NOS condition.

Sweet - tags and all! I agree - I don't have one...but I like it. Understanding that the only way you could do it is if you had sufficient riders so you're not deprived. I think I'm just now getting to the point where I could leave an NOS frame alone since I've got a few sweet riders. I think I'd hang it above the mantle in my living room.

Thanks for the pics Upchuck.