Building my first SS yo-eddy

jh4rt

Built it up tonight, as it came, as a geary.

Weird stuff. This bike has an IF fork (see pics from link above) which is almost 1.25" longer than the BOI on my Yo (as measured from center of axle to top of head-tube). It rides pretty cool. I am totally digging it. I can't wait to build it up as a SS.

I'll take more pics and post as it goes along. If anyone has any erudite advice, do please feel free to post it up.

-j

jh4rt

If I were you I would send it to me for some serious pre-retrofit ride-analysis. :D

I'll get right on that....

I took it for some pre-conversion testing last night.. did a pretty nice (3-4 hill / ~15mi) test last night. Worked great, except for the chain suck. (Now I remember why I still ride thumbies and no indexing)...

Going to ride my old Yo tonight, but probably with these new x-max wheels.

lucifer

Just say no to tensioners. Get yourself a proper ENO eccentric hub. You can order them in black.... I have one on my buckshaver.

jh4rt

Just say no to tensioners. Get yourself a proper ENO eccentric hub. You can order them in black.... I have one on my buckshaver.

Mavic 819 (tubeless / rim) in black on the way with ENO Eccentric and WI hub in front as well. Chose to go with the double butted spokes. They should be on their way to me in about another week. The cranks (Middleburn 180s) are also on their way. :-D

Trying to decide what stem/bar combination to run. I have a couple sets of Scott AT-2's and a Kore Lite straight bar. I like Mary's too, but... hmm.

Any suggestions? Where are the pics of your buckshaver?

jh4rt

lucifer

I am 6 feet tall but with long arms. Those aren't AT-2s they are knock offs that didn't work as well. I switched them for wider flat bars. The stem is a 135mm 10 degree model.

jh4rt

Change in plans.

OK... due to age (mine, not the bikes) and feebleness, I'm going to trade my IF fork for a suspension fork. That means.... I'm going to build the 91 Yo into my SS and turn my 99 Yo back into a gearie with a fox rlc vanilla fork.

I actually have a question.

My 91 yo has an aluminum (add-on) anti-chain-suck device. My 99 has the studs in the bottom for Fat's device. Should I cut those off and use the add-on one? My experience so far is that the one on the 99 doesn't work and the chain sucks anyway. With the one on my 91, I have never experienced chain-suck.

LMK your thoughts.

-j