'96 Yo

pkbinder

Here are some photos of my Saratoga Yo Eddy. Purple powder coat and a comfy seat. Photos of my other 3 Fats and my '90 Bonty OR to come soon.

Attachments

• DSC_7161001.jpg
    DSC_7161001.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 66
  • DSC_7163001.jpg
    DSC_7163001.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC_7166a001.jpg
    DSC_7166a001.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 36
  • DSC_7169001.jpg
    DSC_7169001.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 37

Bucky

Here are some photos of my Saratoga Yo Eddy. Purple powder coat and a comfy seat. Photos of my other 3 Fats and my '90 Bonty OR to come soon.

the frame is really nice, but the parts... :confused: lx derailleur and xtr shifter, xt crank set, all of different years... and zoom stuff. i mean, its not mine, so its up to you. in my opinion time-correctness respectively a constant use of xt or xtr or so would suit the frame better - after all the yo was the high end frame of chris chance. ;)

anyway, the color ist definitely great and to be the owner of even 4 fats is really awesome. :)

jcons

the frame is really nice, but the parts... :confused: lx derailleur and xtr shifter, xt crank set, all of different years... and zoom stuff. i mean, its not mine, so its up to you. in my opinion time-correctness respectively a constant use of xt or xtr or so would suit the frame better - after all the yo was the high end frame of chris chance. ;)

anyway, the color ist definitely great and to be the owner of even 4 fats is really awesome. :)

Personally, I think it's great if you have the cash, the time, or are lucky enough to own vintage and time appropriate parts for your vintage ride (let alone top-of-the-line vintage parts), but that seems to me like a fairly unimportant and secondary consideration. If that's the kind of thing you like to do with your bike, great. Time-correctness is nice, but what's cooler is how well preserved this beautiful frame is. Wish I had a Yo of this vintage in this repair...

Bucky

Personally, I think it's great if you have the cash, the time, or are lucky enough to own vintage and time appropriate parts for your vintage ride (let alone top-of-the-line vintage parts), but that seems to me like a fairly unimportant and secondary consideration. If that's the kind of thing you like to do with your bike, great. Time-correctness is nice, but what's cooler is how well preserved this beautiful frame is. Wish I had a Yo of this vintage in this repair...

No question - the frame is awesome and I congratulate pkbinder to be the owner of it. Condition and color are amazing.

And I know how expensiv and exhausting it is to make it time-correct, because I try to make this with most of my bikes. But - and this is only my opinion, which of course can be different from other opinions ;) - if I use modern parts for a bike I would use stuff of a complete group of one age-group, because, in my eyes, it's more beautiful... I don't like the mix of lx-xt-xtr. That looks like I take everything that is lying around.

That's no scathing criticism, just my 2 cents. Of course everyone can do with his bike whatever he wants. :) And of course I prefer to see a Yo Eddy like this on the streets than to see no Yo Eddy. :)