Slim Build

settemarche

thought i should bring everyone up to date. 1992 Slim Chance. just back from a full refinishing at Spectrum Cycles in PA. Team Violet looking super dope. more to come as the we make more progress!

Build:

Thompson post
Flite Ti saddle
Salsa quill stem
King 2 Nut headset
full Campy Chorus carbon group.
3T Ergo SL bar
DT Swiss wheelset

IMG_4246.jpg

IMG_4253.jpg

IMG_4252.jpg

IMG_4251.jpg

IMG_4249.jpg

IMG_4248.jpg

IMG_4247.jpg

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
Wow----that is going to be fantastic!

How much did the refinish at Spectrum run (if you don't mind)? The decals are great.

settemarche

Wow----that is going to be fantastic!

How much did the refinish at Spectrum run (if you don't mind)? The decals are great.

Nate,

sorry, i cannot comment on the paint cost. it is just too painful to talk about it. but, the outcome is really outstanding. not sure if the pearl in the paint come out great in the pics. way sparkly in the sunlight.

Sette

NCAndy

Per usual, Tom did another great job on that frame. I'm glad it has found a good home.

Is that stem one I sent in the box?

I had forgotten how much better those Slim decals look vs. the Chance road versions.

That will be one sweet ride when it is done.

settemarche

Per usual, Tom did another great job on that frame. I'm glad it has found a good home.

Is that stem one I sent in the box?

I had forgotten how much better those Slim decals look vs. the Chance road versions.

That will be one sweet ride when it is done.

NC Andy,

looks pretty good eah? i gotta thank you for all the help and advice.

the stem is the one you sent me. when i went for a pro fitting they recommended that 100mm. so i just had it repowdercoated. turned out great.

let me know about the rear drop out screws if you have a chance.

Sette

rthomer

Perfect, I live up stream of you, when you get tired of it just send me a PM. :)
No shipping required.

misterdangerpants

fantastic! my Rhygin is also in the process of being refinished (single speed conversion/Big One fork being done by Chris Igleheart) and I'm also going with the Fat City Team Violet paint. yours came out super nice!

settemarche

Rick,

i think the tint is mixed in with the pearl. very difficult to see in the garage where i took the pictures. but, if you take the frame into the sunlight. it really comes out. more satiny.

Sette

jh4rt

Ugh! Nice one Jeff... Are you going to ride that next to (deep sigh)...CARS? Perhaps some 700x30 cross tires are in order and hit the dirt?

Makes me miss mine....

sancho

That's gorgeous. Makes me want to have mine re-sprayed as well (especially since Spectrum is w/in driving distance).