Calvin & Hobbes

zonq

I always wondered if Calvin's dad was riding a Yo Eddy...

tumblr_nh2he7rH8S1tv5rooo1_1280.jpg

Yep.

jpicard616

That could probably be figured out pretty easily. When was this comic strip published, and when did they start/stop each fork model?

mainlyfats

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

jpicard616

"I hope it goes to eight bucks a gallon" is obviously a sly reference to the Buck Shaver he is definitely riding.

I-ROBOT

You can tell that its a Somerville Yo by the fact that he took this huge downhill header and only got a potato-chipped front wheel!! :p

I think Bob Fulk had some Calvin & Hobbes stuff on one of his race bikes but don't remember exactly, you all know why...

Nice find!!
Scott

zonq

You can tell that its a Somerville Yo by the fact that he took this huge downhill header and only got a potato-chipped front wheel!! :p

I was talking to Chris Iglehart and he mentioned the 1.125" Yo forks were not only of much heavier thicker larger dia tubing, but they also weren't heat treated, whereas the B1 forks were.

Interesting...