Anyone Know the Pantone Color for "Team Violet?"

I am going to poweder coat my Yo Eddy and would like to get it as close to the Team Violet as possible. Anyone know the PMS or Pantone Color for this?

Thanks,
Jon

tvcreative

back at ya

I think there is a RODY post somewhere in the site that indicates that it is a blend of several colors with an overspray of red metalic....to give it depth.

Doug Carter

Staff member
If you really want a PMS color, I can give it to you later today, but there is a true paint mix of the color if you want it. Powdercoat won't get it right, though (I don't think there is a proper RAL color to match it), it has a pearl-tinted clearcoat, too. I would recommend pro paint if you want it to be accurate.

PPG paint, DBC series, listed by weight based on a pint formula...

FCC TEAM VIOLET:

• DMD 1684 White 668.5
  • DMD 1679 Red 40.3
  • DMD 1683 Black 17.7
  • DMD 1676 Blue 8.0

• DBC 2002 series clear 6 oz with 3 puffs of Sunset Red Pearl overcoat

If you really want a PMS color, I can give it to you later today, but there is a true paint mix of the color if you want it. Powdercoat won't get it right, though (I don't think there is a proper RAL color to match it), it has a pearl-tinted clearcoat, too. I would recommend pro paint if you want it to be accurate.

FCC TEAM VIOLET:

• DMD 1684 White 668.5
  • DMD 1679 Red 40.3
  • DMD 1683 Black 17.7
  • DMD 1676 Blue 8.0

OK Thanks. I guess I'll try to just get close with the Powder. Cheers, Jon

screamingbunny

Spectrum Powder Works

In Colorado Springs did this one. Won it on ebay a couple of months ago while I'm deployed so I haven't laid eyes on it yet but the pictures sure look good

Attachments

• yo 1 sm.jpg
    yo 1 sm.jpg
    442 KB · Views: 51
  • yo 2 sm.jpg
    yo 2 sm.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 37

Doug Carter

Staff member
If you are dead set on powdercoating, I'll bring home a Pantone book and check it on my bike tonight. My zig zag doesn't have the pearl topcoat, but the match should get you in the ballpark.

doug

If you are dead set on powdercoating, I'll bring home a Pantone book and check it on my bike tonight. My zig zag doesn't have the pearl topcoat, but the match should get you in the ballpark.

doug
That would be greatly appreciated. I think I am set on powder; it's a low budget bike since:
it's had a crack repaired
I don't have the original forks
I plan on riding the crap out of it and don't want it to be a museum piece (although i wouldn't mind a museum Yo if I found the right one).

Cheers,
Jon

screamingbunny

yes

yes it was...and still is. It has a bunch of orange and purple components tee'd up to go on it....I'm thinking about changeing the color name to Team Violated

Ronin 09

FCC TEAM VIOLET:

• DMD 1684 White 668.5
  • DMD 1679 Red 40.3
  • DMD 1683 Black 17.7
  • DMD 1676 Blue 8.0

Just digging this thread out again - is this series of paint still available?
I'm not sure I can get it in Australia.
If anyone has an alternate code / mix can they please list it?
thanks!!

rody

Ronin,

Yes, the PPG paints are still available.

If local suppliers do not carry PPG, you can have the base colors cross referenced by manufacturer to come up with compatible base formulas.

cheers,

rody

phil40soon

team violet powder coat

any opinion on RAL 4008 Signal Violet? Thinking it's close, maybe with a tinted clear coat sprayed over decals?

phil40soon

Ral 4005

thanks, 4005 was the other option I was thinking. I have an 87 that is nowhere near original condition. It has some very minor surface rust as well. I'm thinking lower budget PC versus a full on resto, just to protect the frame. It is a daily driver -- and amazingly responsive.

tvcreative

There are several members that have gotten close with powder,

I think Screamingbunny's earlier in this thread is pretty good. I think spectrum did it...

there are several others here too, be patient and look thru the site...

Last edited: