• All For Sale Adverts Must Have A Price !

1993 Med Aqua Fade Yo - XC Pro

settemarche

tis with a heavy heart that this bike goes up for sale. but this bike spends most of its time hanging in the garage while the Slim Chance and 29 are getting used. first shot at the bike goes to the Fat Cogs group. i have enjoyed this group for many years and created several close friendships through Fat Cogs. it is only right that the bike should stay here (stateside) with someone who will appreciate.

o.k. enough waxing poetically. be advised this is not a garage queen. this is a rider. many chips and scuffs. all of the stickers have been nicked up. there is a little dent in the top tube. it is covered by the cables on the drive side. it was there before i bought the bike. there many years before that. not a structural issue. the rear wheel might have a spoke that is tweaked. no rust. if anyone needs an independent opinion on the bike. there are several Fat Coggers who have seen and ridden the bike. they can comment on condition.

the last Aqua Yo sold on the board here for $1400. without a Yo fork and with non period drivetrain. this Yo is offered with Yo fork and period XC Pro drivetrain for $1400. it even has the period correct patina!

1993 Med Yo Eddy with matching Yo fork
566Y3M
Suntour XC Pro Drivetrain
3x8 Thumbs
175 Crank
FSA Ultimax Titanium Bottom Bracket
8 speed M900 XTR Cassette (12-32)
XC Pro Brakes with Ritchey WCS Whalefin Pads
Dia Compe SS-7 Brake Levers
Ritchey Pro Lite WCS Bar
Chris King No Logo Threaded Headset
Syncros Cattleprod Stem
Syncros Bar Ends
Syncros Seatpost - sorry 27.2 with shim.
Flite Ti w/Kevlar edges
Front Wheel: 32 hole Hugi Compact/Mavic 217 (gold w/anno blue nipples)
Rear Wheel: 32 hole Hugi Compact/Mavic 217 (Sunset w/rainbow anno nipples)
Yes - this rear Hugi is the super loud model!
Michelin WildGripper Tires in Green.

DSC_0007.jpg

settemarche

Zam,

would be tough to see it go if it sell.

almost as tough as loosing my Master of the Pan Flute CD!

love the Zamfir!!!

Ciao,

Sette

Zamfir

Wondered if anybody would get the Zamfir reference.

His infomericals in the 80's always cracked me up, what a talent!

SetteM, sure wish I had the dough to pick up your bike. Far better fit for me than my Wicked and my fav color scheme. Also really like the Syncros stuff.

Great ride, me want.....

Last edited:

settemarche

Zam,

has no one ever mentioned the commercials before? now i feel like we are in a super special club. classic late night commercial. that guy probably laughed all the way to the bank. Pan Flute.

thanks for the comments on the bike. it really is a classic. my wife who usually thinks all this retro stuff is ridiculous actually like this Yo. the most interesting parts on the bike are those Syncros Barends. i have never seen another pair like them. they actually fit over the outside handlebar. then there is a little bolt that expands a camlock against the inside wall of the handlebar. truly an ingenious system.

Sette

fat-tony

Staff member
Zam,

has no one ever mentioned the commercials before? now i feel like we are in a super special club. classic late night commercial. that guy probably laughed all the way to the bank. Pan Flute.

thanks for the comments on the bike. it really is a classic. my wife who usually thinks all this retro stuff is ridiculous actually like this Yo. the most interesting parts on the bike are those Syncros Barends. i have never seen another pair like them. they actually fit over the outside handlebar. then there is a little bolt that expands a camlock against the inside wall of the handlebar. truly an ingenious system.

Sette

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ISe0fdoaPs

tvcreative

that's some funny Sh*t Fat Tony!

I was listening in my office when 3 people popped there head around the door and said....

"you listening to Zamfir now?"

settemarche

you gotta love the FatCog board bringing back Zamfir.

TV - are you really on the Fat board during business hours??? sweetness.

Yo Fat Eddy

Nice bike!
I just picked up the other Aquafade Yo on here.
Sadly both bikes are a little small on me.
If anyone knows anyone selling a Large Yo Eddy in same colors, please let me know.
Thanks

IF52

continuing off topic, I can't beleive nobody called out the pan flute thing before now. Every time I see you post, the first thing that comes to mind it 'master of the pan flute'. I kind of figure most of the people on this forum are from around the same generation and would get the reference.

Zamfir

I bet most people made the connection but were afraid to admit it.

On a related note (but still off topic), i'm fairly sure Zamfir recorded the theme song to the Kill Bill series.

The Legend survives.