• All For Sale Adverts Must Have A Price !

1991 Fat Chance Yo Eddy Frame & Fork

CTYankee

1991 Fat Chance Yo Eddy Frame & Fork

I purchased the frame and fork new in 1991 from Bicycle Dynamics in SouthwickMass. I had it built in 1993 – rode it for a few years and pretty much stopped using it after that.

It has less than a thousand miles on it and those miles were on mostly on dirt roads and some easy trails. I was over 40 when I purchased the bike and am over 60 now – the bike has never seen any extreme riding conditions. Today it hurts too much to ride this bike – all my current riding is very upright.

The color is Grello with a black fork. At the time of purchase, the bike shop suggested the black fork – said it just looked better – and they were right. There is a picture of the bike built on another thread - search my ID and you should find it.

The bike is a “small” – 14

Attachments

• P1090458.JPG
    P1090458.JPG
    397.7 KB · Views: 84
  • P1090461.jpg
    P1090461.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 65
  • P1090463.JPG
    P1090463.JPG
    386.2 KB · Views: 63
  • P1090464.JPG
    P1090464.JPG
    364.2 KB · Views: 57
  • P1090469.JPG
    P1090469.JPG
    204.5 KB · Views: 57

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
That is really nice! The postcard brochure was classic. If you decide to 'lose' the shirt, I know someone in New Haven it would fit ;) ::ahem::

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
I agree that it is on the high side, especially when you can get very nicely outfitted completes in that range. But that frame will probably get some decent offers.

And again, that shirt is sweet :)

erm78

Bd

I miss BD one bike shop I loved going too as a kid **** i'm in southwick but I can't do the frame for that kind of money.good luck with your sale.

CTYankee

I miss BD one bike shop I loved going too as a kid **** i'm in southwick but I can't do the frame for that kind of money.good luck with your sale.

I agree - Bicycle Dynamics was a neat place to visit - they sold a lot of Fats........

For the record - the Yo and other Fat paraphernalia has flown across the pond and at some point will probably be seen on Retrobike. I do have an equally fine (and expensive) Wicked Lite along with more Fat paraphernalia looking (but not too hard) for a new home.

erm78

I do have my wife on the hunt locally when she's out tag salin, I hoping the greater Southwick area may produce an older fat, yeti or any of the Cool bikes from back in the BD days. Just got to get lucky I guess. I still have my second bike from 92 from bd it was purple Kona lava dome, my mom wouldnt get me the fat back then, think I was like 14 or so. Can you remember the mechanics name at BD?