fats with a 1" stem?

toph929

Hi Everyone,

Im a lurker but love the fats and im looking to eventually get one. I have a 1" ringle stem and i was wondering if anyone could let me know what years/models this stem would fit on. It have the matching ringle hubs (all 3DV) and would think it would be nice on a black fat chance frame (maybe a monster or team).

Thanks in advance.

northerndave

A 1 inch Ringle is a great starting point. Most people finish with one!! As previously mentioned all but the later 98-99 models have a 1 inch head tube.

toph929

Excellent! Thats great news because i know everything else i have will fit, that was the only thing in question. Now its off to hunt down my first fat!! Thanks :beer:

fat-tony

Staff member
Check your seat post size too. Different years, different models, different sizes :beer:

toph929

Will do - thank you for the heads up. I dont have a great seatpost so i could always find one to fit, but my ringle stem is what i have to make sure will fit. Its the angled 1" which was not easy to get my hands on.

toph929

Another question - could someone tell me what size a Large frame is in inches? I know they have a M/L and then a L.

Thanks!

toph929

Thanks Retro dude - some of them have specs and i think the 19 is most likely the large frame of the 90-92 monster im looking for.