A Simple Registration and User Profile Request

Doug Carter

Staff member
Hey all, I'm glad everyone is finding their way here and getting comfortable. I have a small request for the forums here. Because we are being brought together for something very specific and personal to each of us, this community is going to be built and strengthened by it's personality and the people who play here.

My request is that when you register (or after), please make sure you fill in your location in your user profile. I'd really like to see people using their actual names on the forums, but that isn't really necessary. I really hope that by knowing where your fellow forum members are from will bring this group together in the future. Because I really see potential gatherings of Fat owners in the future, and knowing where people are from can only help develop that.

Thanks guys,

doug
FatCogs.com

scant

mike

Hi doug, yeh fair comment above> I've been using the scant regard name for a while now, its a bit more memorable than mike!

I look forward to future FAT chance (cogs!) meets, always nice to meet other FAT owners, its like instant conversation whenever I unexpectedly bump into a FAT on the trail :D

rumpfy

I've always felt that way about forums like this. I wish people did it more on the First Flight and MTBR forums...
Some people just like to be private or don't like taking the time to fill it out.

Site is looking great!

Mountain Goat

I was a member of the original fat cogs and was devistated when they stopped.........what made it worse was the yeti bunch have a great site on www.yetifan.com, not that I have anything against Yeti's I have 2 an Ultimate and a DH6, but I couldn't understand why a social bunch of Fat Fans couldn't have an open forum to share their passion as well.

Would be great to organise a ride.

Doug Carter

Staff member
Just want to remind everyone that because we have developed this small community so quickly, and it seems like there are guys from ALL over the world, that it REALLY helps if you have your home city/state and or country listed in your user profile to help identify where you are.

This is MOST important in the classifieds, where many guys on both sides of the water aren't all that interested in shipping stuff overseas.

Please take a few minutes to update your profile after you register.

doug