Super clean Yo-fork rebuilt - what d´ya say?

Mucha Gueva

I´m about to build up a 1992 Yo Eddy but the fork was missing - so I had this one made by a german frame builder. I had a Yo back in the 90-ies - and it seems to me that this comes really close. The dropouts are even better with stainless steel reinforcements. What´s your opinion?

Attachments

• yo1.jpg
    yo1.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 51
  • yo2.jpg
    yo2.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 54
  • yo3.jpg
    yo3.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 51
  • yo4.jpg
    yo4.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 59

Mucha Gueva

308 euro to be precise - which makes about 400 US-bucks

yeah, I guess american design with german craftmanship, that´s a good working melange

the guy who makes em is frame builder Georg Blaschke (www.gebla.de)

got to admit that after my first yo eddy I had italian steel bikes from Scapin which definitely outmatched the Yo in terms of craftmanship and technical design. And they rode better, reacted quicker - I ride them since 1997.

But hey, a Yo is still a Yo ... gotta have one ;)

RobTu

Hate to go against the grain, but doesn't look close, to me. Still, it's a nice looking segmented fork.

Stingercut

308 euro to be precise - which makes about 400 US-bucks

yeah, I guess american design with german craftmanship, that´s a good working melange

the guy who makes em is frame builder Georg Blaschke (www.gebla.de)

got to admit that after my first yo eddy I had italian steel bikes from Scapin which definitely outmatched the Yo in terms of craftmanship and technical design. And they rode better, reacted quicker - I ride them since 1997.

But hey, a Yo is still a Yo ... gotta have one ;)

I'm looking forward to a detailed treatise on the semantics of 'frame feel' from you soon brutha.

Amen...

Syborg

Georg rocks! He not only make great bikes but also good forks!

here the web address:http://www.gebla.de/

Please show us your build when the time comes.
I'm very excited to see your Yo Eddy. If you still need parts for your build, please let me know.

Regards Helmut

nader

Georg rocks! ...

Yes he does!

This is another one of his forks ;)

yo-eddy289.jpg

DocChill

Another fork made by GEORG ;-)

Hi together,

the fork in my Titanium has also been made by GEORG (www.gebla.de).

large_FatChanceTitaniumNo_099T3M38.JPG

Very good work in my opinion -
he knows what we want ;)!

Cheers,
Daniel

@Nader / P.S. - Nice Picture!

I-ROBOT

I would like to know what he uses for welding material. The brazing on the dropouts is a bit curious but otherwise a decent looking piece!
Scott

DocChill

Production steps of the fork...

Hi Steve,

here you'll find the particular production steps of the fork ;). Maybe that helps a bit - I'm sorry but it's only available in german... Georg wrote, that his forks have more weight than the original ones by Fat City Cycles (about 50 to 100 gramme).

Cheers,
Daniel

Mucha Gueva

I don´t care ...

... too much about if it´s 100 percent original. I just like the aggressive, straight looks of this forks design in general. The gussets are a nice extra, but I wouldn´t have needed them and I didn´t ask Georg for them. He just made them.
The dropouts are reinforced by stainless steel inserts. Maybe that´s why they look different in that area.
I´m going to cut down the steerer and let you know about the weight as soon as I get it back from painting. It won´t be a Fat City stock color, for sure! I got inspired by the colour schemes of the famous american Gretsch guitars (again german craftmanship in its origin, eh!), so it´s going to be a turquoise sparkle-glitter paint job. You see, t´s going to rock and roll!