Big 1' Fork Repros?

alindley

What ever happened to the rumors (a little over a year a go I think) about some one building some reproductions of the 1" rigid Fat Forks. from what I remember it was going to be Chris' ex or something like that. Sorry if this is re-hash. I have been sadly neglecting my Yo! for a bit but have recently rekindled the romance. :)

fat-tony

Staff member
forks

alindley said:
What ever happened to the rumors (a little over a year a go I think) about some one building some reproductions of the 1" rigid Fat Forks. from what I remember it was going to be Chris' ex or something like that. Sorry if this is re-hash. I have been sadly neglecting my Yo! for a bit but have recently rekindled the romance. :)

I don't know a thing about this, but ran across this over at mtbr and thought you would be interested.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=213900

bushpig

I've spoken to Chris about repros and he confirmed that he is making them. Sadly, I've misplaced his contact information.

henk19

Bikeman

Just call Bikeman and tell them what you want, they will get Chris to custom make 1 inch headtubes 1 and 1/8 inch headtubes suspension corrected or non suspension corrected. You just have to be willing to pay, but Ithtink it is well worth it they are beautiful. Mine just got here from Bikeman today. Thanks guys!

jo eddy

Replica

As I got my MONSTER,the fork was missing!!
A friend of mine is a framebuilder and builds everything you want!!!
Here is an example for my TEAM FORK.

Greets Olli

Attachments

• Team_Replica_Gleiss.jpg
    Team_Replica_Gleiss.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 70
  • Gleiss_Team_Replica.jpg
    Gleiss_Team_Replica.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 65

TealisReal

One brand-new Igleheart New England Segmented fork like a "Big One Inch" and one nearly new Yo Eddy (1993)

Attachments

• Igleheart Fork.jpg
    Igleheart Fork.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 65
  • YoEddyFork.jpg
    YoEddyFork.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 58

knucklehead

Igleheart 1" fork

What's up guys , Chris is fixing my 93 yo size M as we speak . So don't get ride of those rusted FATS . I was at his shop today and checking out some of the forks . .....There real nice ! . Here's his address 123 Liberty st Danvers , Ma 01923 # 978 302 0905

TealisReal

Finally! Photo up! 1993 Yo Eddy, original owner, special ordered with clearcoat, custom Salsa threadless stem with roller, all XTR, Bontrager BCX-1 rims, White Industries Phantom Ti front hub, Ringle Moby Post. In mint condition because I drank the Rock Shox Kool-Aid around that time. Ironically, now that I am older, my Gunnar is now zero-travel with its new Igleheart fork. I met Chris at the NAHBS in San Jose and ordered the fork soon after.

Attachments

• YoEddyView.jpg
    YoEddyView.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 80

jawakaman

Finally! Photo up! 1993 Yo Eddy, original owner, special ordered with clearcoat, custom Salsa threadless stem with roller, all XTR, Bontrager BCX-1 rims, White Industries Phantom Ti front hub, Ringle Moby Post. In mint condition because I drank the Rock Shox Kool-Aid around that time. Ironically, now that I am older, my Gunnar is now zero-travel with its new Igleheart fork. I met Chris at the NAHBS in San Jose and ordered the fork soon after.

Beautiful! And it is the twin of my '93 Eddy... ah, memories!

jbrannsten

Staff member
BOI Repro

You will find everything you need here: http://www.iglebike.com/. Chris is a great guy I have been in contact with him several times and two Yo frames are on his way now to correct the famous rust problem. Since you live a few minutes away from me jawakaman get in touch and we can split the shipping cost:D

FYI: I have been in contact with jo eddy's friend but he does no longer make these forks.

jawakaman

You will find everything you need here: http://www.iglebike.com/. Chris is a great guy I have been in contact with him several times and two Yo frames are on his way now to correct the famous rust problem. Since you live a few minutes away from me jawakaman get in touch and we can split the shipping cost:D

FYI: I have been in contact with jo eddy's friend but he does no longer make these forks.

Just bought a '91 Eddy on eBay, it will get full a resto from YoKris, rust treatment, the works. Got another coming soon, but that one is in great shape... we'll just keep in touch then...? Oh, I'd very much like to see the frame after Igleheart is done with it! :)

YoKris

Just bought a '91 Eddy on eBay, it will get full a resto from YoKris, rust treatment, the works. Got another coming soon, but that one is in great shape... we'll just keep in touch then...? Oh, I'd very much like to see the frame after Igleheart is done with it! :)

Moin moin Bengt!

Congrats! I'm looking forward bringing this Yo! back to life! If you want, I could also disassemble the bike. I mean, you could save shipping costs! ;)

cheers,
Chris