Radio silence

mainlyfats

Anyone know what’s up with Fat Chance 2.0? Social media has been very quiet and the website looks like it hasn’t been touched in ages... :confused:

I-ROBOT

I'm on twitter (@fireball121257) and I have not seen a tweet from them in months. Don't know anything. Assuming they are still in Oregon?

Retro Dude

Chris is in Oregon still and building frames. Last I talked to him, he was heads down working on the backlog of orders. He's focusing his time and money into tools and process to increase throughput.

mainlyfats

Chris is in Oregon still and building frames. Last I talked to him, he was heads down working on the backlog of orders. He's focusing his time and money into tools and process to increase throughput.

Interesting. It looked as though he had a team around him - at least a marketing/social media guru - early on. I wonder if - and this has happened to friends - they took the keys to the sites and accounts when the rubber hit the road and it came time to pay for must-have materials, tooling, etc. and not the regular payments communications firms need. In the age of Instagram, there seems to be only room for one Don McClung.

Man... I know it’s been a good year for shops, but it’s a tough, low-margin industry.

wondermoose

It's a bummer that he's making bikes but not taking pictures. I'm not a huge advocate of social media, but I want to see these new bikes! With the demise of the Slim Chance, I thought we might see an updated road bike with disc brakes by now.