SSMM UK RETRO meet 24-26th June

scant

well times fast approaching. saturday 10am(?) @ the saab saloman mountain mayhem in malverns hills, eastnor park. All retro steeds, or retro interested people welcome :)

ta

mike

John

Administrator
Staff member
Here are a few pics from the retro meet at the SSMM. You'll all be glad to know that Fat Chance was by far the most well represented make. There was even a guy from IF there who seemed quite impressed by the Fat turnout. Anyhow here are the pics

yc0od8.jpg

Scant's Lavendar Yo.

yc0odj.jpg

Shock-a-Billy

yc0odb.jpg

Jez's (new) Fat Chance Ti

John

Administrator
Staff member
yc0oe3.jpg

Jez's Yo

yc0odt.jpg

Scant's Yo, My Yo, Scant's FRO

yc0oe6.jpg

Forgot to take a decent shot of my grello Yo, so here's a pic I took when I was out riding it later
biggrin.gif

John

Administrator
Staff member
Best of the rest

I know this is a fat chance board but I reckon you'll apreciate these
wink.gif

yc0od4.jpg

Voted best in show. 1992 Mountain Goat. The paint has to be seen to be believed.

yc0odn.jpg

Super retro Cannondale. At a guess I'd say 1988

yc0od7.jpg

Breezer lightning.

Scant might be able to fill in a few more of the details.

For those interested the rest of the pictures can be seen here.

Last edited:

Doug Carter

Staff member
So where is the shot with all of your ugly mugs in it? I've been waiting to see what you guys look like
biggrin.gif

Nice Mountain Goat, too. What a collection of awesome bikes. I would have loved to have been there.

scant

doug, u really dont wanna see our ugly mugs over these fine steeds surely ;D ( http://www.retrobike.fotopic.net/p16737025.html ) thats me, obs mid speech, wasnt really having a stroke! hahahha)

shockabilly = webbys

mountain goat & breezer = phil/ old man breezer

we missed the pic out of grants new liddle aqua fade yo!

nice pics tho john, good work :D

scant

& before any1 else says anything! yes I know I need yo eddy forks on my Yo! I've got forks for it now.. just got to get them sprayed to match! tange struts came with the bike (okay, so maybe no1 else cares.. but it bugs me! ;D )

John

Administrator
Staff member
scant said:
& before any1 else says anything! yes I know I need yo eddy forks on my Yo! I've got forks for it now.. just got to get them sprayed to match! tange struts came with the bike (okay, so maybe no1 else cares.. but it bugs me! ;D )

Ha. Those struts aren't as out of place as the deore vs on my yo. Every man and his dog kindly pointed out they were the wrong era.

rick

Bikes

Great photos of the bikes, I wish that I could have been there,

Scant, that fork does not look bad, and the color is beautiful.

And of course the grello Yo is gorgeous too.

Is the red Billy as small as it looks or is that just the camera angle? What year is it?

John

Administrator
Staff member
rick said:
Is the red Billy as small as it looks or is that just the camera angle? What year is it?

The red billy was super clean. I guess scant can probably fill in the rest of the details.

scant

rick, webbys billy is pretty small. S/M I think. year?? hmm around 97.

thanks for the kind words.. but I'm still gonna fit the yo eddy fork @ some point :D

webby

My Billy

It's a small and I got it directly from Fat in July 97, actually ordered it in February 97... never thought it would arrive. Still ride it regular, took it to Morzine 2 years ago for a week and it was superb!

Webby