Chris Chance - update article

lucifer

So many great mountain bike companies got screwed by the trend towards aluminum and full suspension. A trend which (while still popular) never really caught my attention. The simple fact of the matter is that you don't need an engineless motorcycle to have fun on two wheels in the woods.

Now that steel is starting to creep back in and singlespeeding has brought back some much needed simplicity to the mountain biking workd it seems a real shame that the chris chances and scot nicols of the world don't want back in.... Oh well I guess that just leaves room for us up and coming framebuilders.

John

Administrator
Staff member
Lawn sprinklers. What a shame. If the guys happy that's the main thing I guess....

lucifer

Yo Eddy! said:
I wouldn't say that on Scot

True scot made aluminum and full suspension. And in fact his company pioneered some of the best ideas in full suspension. So who knows what happened there....

Yo Eddy!

lucifer said:
True scot made aluminum and full suspension. And in fact his company pioneered some of the best ideas in full suspension. So who knows what happened there....

I meant I heard a rumour Scot is working on a comeback

lucifer

Yo Eddy! said:
I meant I heard a rumour Scot is working on a comeback

Really?
That would be nice if it's true. Of course one can only imagine what a new ibis would cost in todays crappy dollars....

scant

I've heard that ibis is making a comeback, but not with scot.. (scots given his blessing to it tho)