Reproduction Fat Chance Decals

Doug Carter

Staff member
Reproduction Fat decals are in the works, guys. No more waiting around for Wendyll to send you the decals you paid for 6 months ago. No more hoping for the correct colors and styles to still be available. The goal is to have repros eventually available in every combination for every bike that Fat Cogs want to restore to original condition. I donno if it will ever completely be done, but the ball is at least rolling.

To start with, I decided that the current decals that are on the bikes are too fragile for everyone (thus why everyone NEEDS new ones), and we're going to take a different direction with the materials, and do something that will stand up to mountain biking a bit better. The goal is to have decals that are capable of being externally applied, clear coated or left uncoated. I don't think we will be able to go to the efforts and expense to do a decal that is capable of handling powdered clear coats. The demand just isn't high enough.

For now, as mentioned in the other thread, we are working up decals for Fat Chance, Wicked, Wicked Lite and Yo Eddy

Attachments

• fat_wicked_decals.gif
    fat_wicked_decals.gif
    39.7 KB · Views: 537

MikeyNYC

Doug,

That's pretty slick! Must've taken a lot of hard work?

Not to throw another monkey wrench into what you're doing here, but the Fat City bikes that were made before like 1988 didn't have the Mass. Flag, they had just a simple tiny American Flag at the top of the seat tube, I'm sure that many of us here have these on our older bikes-That little decal has always been something that I've wanted to get reproduced...Is anyone else interested in including this one in your artwork?

Thanks,

Michael-NYC

mainlyfats

Shouldn't be too hard...

MikeyNYC said:
Doug,

...the Fat City bikes that were made before like 1988 didn't have the Mass. Flag, they had just a simple tiny American Flag at the top of the seat tube... Is anyone else interested in including this one in your artwork?

Thanks,

Michael-NYC

Nothing proprietary about the flag. It measures 1 1/4' x 3/4' and is applied over the clear coat, so I don't think it was really a part of the decal set persay and probably sourced from somewhere else.

And Doug - you're awesome. My bikes and I thank you!

Attachments

• Flag.jpg
    Flag.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 149

Doug Carter

Staff member
As long as there is a flag and colors in the decals already, we can add that flag to the rest of the art. :) It will be included with the art for the early bikes, which will come later.

MikeyNYC

Doug Carter said:
As long as there is a flag and colors in the decals already, we can add that flag to the rest of the art. :) It will be included with the art for the early bikes, which will come later.

Thanks Doug! I could never find a proper replacement for that plain little flag - Note it has rounded edges... ;)

Michael-NYC

scarrylarry

They look great. When can I place an order for a set of 94 Fat Tis? I am in the process of polishing my frame and fork.

Upchuck

Drool!

Can't wait to put my order in! My newly purchased '89 Fat Chance and Yo Eddy will be proudly announced via my back windshield.

Doug Carter

Staff member
No orders will be taken until I actually have decals in my hands. We're a bit away from that at this point. I will post more details as they appear.

;)

scarrylarry

Doug do you have scans of The Yo Eddy decals? If not I got a set of originals from the bike shop down the road from here. Let me know.

yoshboston

I am interested in a full set of Yo Eddy decals

I am planning to do a full rebuild later this year...finally!!!!

yo' djblu

doug it seems as if u are getting LOTS of requests for the yo set. If u still want i can complete the entire set by monday night if u want and are not doing them yourself just let me know.

Doug Carter

Staff member
I have a complete Yo Eddy set I am working with. I'm proceeding with the art, but it can be slow going fitting the work in around other things. The Wickeds and Wicked Lites are just about done, though. My hope is to get these produced VERY soon.

I think everyone willbe happy to finally have a source for resto decals, and I hope there is a boom in the Fat Cogs enthusiasm, too.

d

kevin881

bushpig said:
Outstanding! I am very much looking forward to having these available. Thank you to everyone.

Bump to that. I just found this site today and I really am glad I did.

What a great place. :)