FAT COGS tee- or piquet shirts

bonsaii

Hi there.

Every day I see that there's the same old post from the 22nd of October 2008, in this section of the forum, so here's an idea to get some fresh discussions going.

What about design, how to do, who to order etc. for a new FAT COGS t-shirt?

Are there any restrictions?
Will the owners of this site approve/co-operate?
Must old FCC owners approve??

For my self I would like a pique shirt with the FAT COGS-logo on the upper left side on the front, and mabye a larger on in the upper center on the back.. Or an Eddy scull on one arm and the Monster logo on the other..? Embroided and sew-on, of course :rolleyes:

I know this is a long-shot to accomplish, but if we start early mabye we reach the goal..:D

Anyone interested?

-bonsaii bazooka!!

DC

I was thinking the same thing about this area!
Great idea on the shirts, lets do it! I like the embroidered concept, something that would hold up better than screen printing, although the cost might be pretty high for that kind of work in small batches??? Cafe Press?
How about FAT COGS on the back with all the models' signatures around it?
-DC

bonsaii

The price depends on the size of the batch. I will look into this; a friend of mine runs a souvenir company and could mabye help us out. He has a contract with a norwegian clothing factory that makes 100% cotton in good quality (80, 90, 100, 110 gram shirts). I know the best quality is used as workwear, and are very durable and long lifetime.

Any others have connections to clothing factorys?

Are there any restrictions from the owners of the brands we planning to use? Who is there to ask?

Will the FAT COGS forum owner allow it?

How about embroided and sew-on patches with logos, like the old (F1/rally) racing shirts?

FAT COGS members: report interest, so we know how many that could be interested. I'll contact my man over the easter holiday.

This must be a zero-profit project!

jcons

Great idea!

Count me in as well. Sounds like a great idea.

I wonder if anyone knows how much it would take to get some jersey's printed too? That would definitely be cool as well. My early 90s fat jersey is pretty much sailcloth at this point...

fat-tony

Staff member
Doug Carter should give the okay for this and we will wait for his reply, but if it is a go, then count me in for one for sure.

Doug Carter

Staff member
Cool with me. I'll post the FC logo up here to use when I get home this evening. I have it with and without the Yo Eddy emblem over it.

FWIW, there are no issues with licensing for Fat, as all of their trademarks expired years ago. The Fat Cogs logo as used here is mine, but we're not making money with this site, so it can be freely used as long as it isn't stretched or altered in any way.

:cool:

d

bonsaii

Cool

Good stuff, Doug! Thanks!

Will try to make pics of preliminary shirt and get prices this week.

-bns

bonsaii

Logos

Of the four zipped .eps files, this is the only one I can open. This was a first-shot with Photoshop. Will try more tomorrow, now I'll have to crash.. ZZzzzzzZzzzz.

A quick count gives us approx. 20 shirts. Is that all..?!:)

Mabye a picture with proposal to layout will ram up the interest? At this point we looking at approx. $50/piece.

Wink-wink and good night!

-bns

Attachments

• fatcogs_logo copy.jpg
    fatcogs_logo copy.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 16

Doug Carter

Staff member
Don't open them with Photoshop... they aren't photos. They are vector-based EPS Adobe Illustrator files used for cutting decals or printing. Opening them as a Photoshop file will ruin the vector scaling capabilities.

bonsaii

Ok, thanks! I'm no printer, I guess..:rolleyes:

Anyways, I'll send the -eps's to the people that's working with these things so they get to use the best quality files.

Doug; do you have the logos in a .jpg (or equal) format for us to use in the layout of the shirt?

Yo!