Anyone every had an issue with Hippie-Tech?

Lucas J

Newbie here. I am in the process of a rebuild and based on some information I read here, I ordered shock through HT. I was charged the minute the order was placed and told I would have my shock in one week. One week goes by and no shock, two weeks goes by and no shock, three weeks later and still no shock. I reached out several times with no response. I finally got a response to my 4th email when I said I was going to have to dispute the charges with my CC company. In the response I was told I would be updated as soon as they knew what was going on. That was 3 days ago and still no update. All I want is the shock so I can start riding. I feel bad but I have been put in a position that I have no choice but to dispute the charges. I don't want to but what else can i do? I need the shock and I need the money back to try and find one elsewhere.

Has anyone else every had an issue like this with HT?

Thanks,

LJ

settemarche

LJ,

sorry to hear it is not working out for you. but, i cannot say that i have had a bad experience with Hippie. but then again i sort of got the feeling talking with him on the phone that it was a mad scientist sort of place - i just figured i get the fork when it was done...

i can say that i was never charged before the work was done. i have sent at least three vintage Judy and one or two SID's to Hippie. again, never charged until the work was done - but they did take much longer than i anticipated.

soon i started sending forks in the dead of winter. they are in Idaho and ride during the summer months. i know they come out west to the Sea Otter Classic too for work. so, summer is the worst time to send anything to be worked on. tough to understand as a customer i know. hopefully all will work out in the end.

regards,

Sette

fat-tony

Staff member
I have had two dealings with Jerry; Both took way longer than promised. He never seemed quick to respond to my emails either. I love my SID that I bought from him though. I don't know what to tell you other than he always came through but you must realize that it seems to be a small business and if there is an opportunity to ride, he probably is doing that instead of building your fork. Not the best business sense, but hell, he is a "hippie" I also always got the feeling that if there was a pro that needed his service, then that was also were his time goes.

maybe give it another week or so.........I know that doesn't help you out, but.

Lucas J

Thanks the responses. To be honest I don't mind waiting for the shock. If it takes a month or two I am fine with that. I have just been concerned that given the situation I was getting ripped off. Now I think its the furthest thing from the truth.

AB

A good friend of mine used to work for Rock Shox in CO and told me that HT is simply putting together a bunch of miscellaneous parts to "rebuild" shocks. Not as if they have any true understanding of what works. Also parts for older shocks are just not available anymore.

Lucas J

Update

Well after 2 months and a few excuses later my SID arrived today. In the end getting the shock was all I cared about. I don't mind waiting, I just wish I knew from the beginning that I had had to wait 2 months for it. If it rides as good as it looks, I will be very happy. The Yo Eddy rebuild is almost done. I can't wait to get her out for ride.