Buck Shaver on Ebay

Doug Carter

Staff member
That is the "sister" bike to my Wicked that I got recently. He has had it on eBay 3 times already, moving the Buy It Now price all over the map. If it is as nice as the bike I bought, and I'd bet it is, the thing is brand new. If I had the cash, I'd have hought that one, too.

He priced it correctly now, with the LX spec and Quadra fork, though at least it is threadless. He had it up there for over $700 recently.

He's a good seller, and hyper-anal about his auctions (scans of shipping receipts and everything), though he will insist on UPS for shipping, which made me a little upset after getting the frame gouged on the way here.

If you can swing it, I'd say go for it. It's about as NOS of a complete Sommerville Fat as you will find, sans granny seat pad and pump bag that pinches the shifter cables. :D

Will

I thought the Wicked in the background looked familiar.:D

The Buck Shaver would be too small for me, plus he won't ship outside the U.S.

By the way, I owned a Wicked in Leslie's Purple for a while. Sadly it got stolen and to this day everytime I see a purple bike flash by I do a double take in the hope of catching the scoundrel that nicked it.

Loved that bike... :(

Will

scant

Will, sorry if I've asjed already! Are you coming to the retro meet @ cheddar challenge 2/3october?Just a quick trip down the road from bristol :)

Will

I might do, I haven't ridden for about ten years though :oops:

As you can imagine, I feel a bit ashamed. All my riding buddies took up surfing and moved to to Cornwall so I gradually lost enthusiasm. I guess that's no excuse though.. :roll:

Will

scant

Will, it'll be cool to meet up! nice to put a face to the FAT cogs members ;)
dont worry about the riding, its a real laid back thing :)
also a good time to bring along any retro swag for sale :roll:

Will

Talking of swag, I was having a look through my old bike bits and came across some nice pieces including those old Ringle peace sign hangers in green and blue, a set of blue Paul Component brake levers, Gravity Research brakes, a turquoise Moby Post, Fat Chance plasters, Yo Eddy frisbee, team gloves and an un-opened tube of Team Grease and Fat Chance grease gun. :shock:

Will

scant

nice collection of swag WIll! I got a few sets of gravity cantis recently in green & purple. Ialready have some green onza chill pills, but I could be interested in the green ringle mojos :)

Will

I only have one of each of the Mojos rather than a pair. Originally they were on an Aqua Fade Yo Eddy so I went for a green/blue combo. :D

Will

Will

I had three Yo Eddy's in total. The one I miss most is my first one which was black. I still get a warm and fuzzy feeling remembering the excitement of driving up to pick the frame up from Cadence who distributed them in the U.K at the time.:D

Will

scant

will, you sold them all? There was a real scratched up Yo eddy frame & big 1 inch fork in bristol bike workshop in around 98 for

Will

When I first got into riding Fat Chance only did Small, Medium and Large as standard frame sizes, eventually I discovered I was more comfortable on a M/L so I bought a Titanium Fat in that size when they introduced them. Subsequently decided I missed the ride of a good steel bike and bought another Yo which I still have along with the Ti.

I remember the bike your talking about, it wasn't that badly scratched up when it first appeared there, but they seemed to just pile everything up in that shop so I guess it was wear and tear from neglect. :cry:

One question, when did they switch over to an 1 1/8 head tube? My Yo Eddy must be from the first year at Serrota and its 1".

Will

scant

Will, what colours your Yo? what year is your Ti? Would be cool to see them both @ cheddar :)

BBW, yeh, you can either get a deal, or really ripped off in there. (heres a tip, dont buy the White bros sc72ul forks ;)

uncertain on the headtube size change, any1 else know?

Will

My Yo is Chameleon Metallica with matching Judy's(in need of a rebuild but I've forgotten how) and my Ti is around 94, the first year they switched to externally butted tubes as opposed to the sleeving.

I think I'm going to fit a Pace carbon fork to the Ti and get it up together again. At the moment it has Pace RC38 Evo 2s, I've also got a set of the Yellow Judy SLs sitting around. Can't remember exactly what fork I had on it originally, probably Manitous when they had the blue adonising on the legs, but I don't recall which model, possibly IIIs.

If you're ever in the Bristol area let me know and your welcome to come round and check the bikes out.:D

Will