Fat Ti -for two.

Guido

Alright, no laughs. Or at least, not too many. But this is what I'm doing these days. The bike's about 12 years old, and since then I've gotten married and had kids. So there you go. Maybe I can hand it down to my son one day.

Also, here's a picture of the pen holder they gave me when I brought my bike shop up to Somerville from Lexington, Ky for one of their open houses. Nice bunch of folks.

Attachments

• Bike2.JPG
    Bike2.JPG
    238.7 KB · Views: 394
  • fatTipenholder.JPG
    fatTipenholder.JPG
    268.2 KB · Views: 442

Yo Eddy!

Though sitting in an ugly piece of plastic I think yours must be one of the most pampered kids in the world :D

Awesome ride without childseat, great fun combo with.

webby

I was there

I was at that open house and remember that pen holder I argued that I should have it as I was the furthest travelled coming from England but I was actually living Washington DC so Wendyll said I couldn't win.

If I remember correctly you guys drove through the night and were driving a Lincoln Town car (white maybe)... excellent Burrito's as well that day!

Webby

Top notch!

Guido said:
Also, here's a picture of the pen holder they gave me when I brought my bike shop up to Somerville from Lexington, Ky for one of their open houses. Nice bunch of folks.

That pen holder is to die for. Not to mention the bike. First rate, Guido! Lucky kids... they get to fly a Fat Ti without breaking a sweat.

Guido

8 years late viewing this...

I was at that open house and remember that pen holder I argued that I should have it as I was the furthest travelled coming from England but I was actually living Washington DC so Wendyll said I couldn't win.

If I remember correctly you guys drove through the night and were driving a Lincoln Town car (white maybe)... excellent Burrito's as well that day!

Webby

Ha! That's right, we were in a rented Lincoln with six people from my shop and their bikes. That thing drove like a whale on bad springs. Kentucky to Mass was a loooong drive all right. And I remember that burrito spread they put on, most excellent.

I've got pics of that presentation from Chris and Wendyll somewhere...

btw, the boat anchor bike seat is gone. :)

RobTu

Ha! That's right, we were in a rented Lincoln with six people from my shop and their bikes. That thing drove like a whale on bad springs. Kentucky to Mass was a loooong drive all right. And I remember that burrito spread they put on, most excellent.

Nice. Subscribing for pic of the presentation :)

I-ROBOT

That open house was so much fun! I made the pen holder too. One of the things that made it unique for me is that I bead-blasted the tubes first and then welded it really slowly so the welds still had the mirror-finish of as-welded titanium. That's one thing that the frames never showed since we bead blasted the frames after all the welding was completed. Try as we may, it was impossible to have completely clean (no heat tint) welds without using a dry box (argon chamber). I would have killed for the one I used to use when I worked at the tantalum factory right before I became Chris's welder.

Guido, wish I saw this before since I spent a few weeks in Lexington in 2011 while working at the Brown Station power plant. Oh well...

Enjoy the pen holder!! My favorite non-bike titanium creation (other than bongs and earrings:p)

Regards
Scott

nader

The Ti is stunning :)

And the pen holder is really a nice idea

Alright, no laughs. ..
attachment.php

..maybe I should do the same with this part ;)

yo-killed.jpg
please do not be sad (the pic is not real :cool:)

Last edited:

tvcreative

gadzooks!

i think you should feel like crap and sell to me immediately…

Just kidding

a fella's gotta' do what a fella's gotta' do…

they are only little for a small window in time…and what better way to get them to love cycling - on the back of a FAT ti