Fat Chance suspension fork

Doug Carter

Staff member
I had a Mass '93 Yo with a Judy SL and it handled beautifully. Keep the travel below 80mm and you'll be fine. The hard part now is finding a 1" steerer tube on a short travel fork.

I think someone has said before that Manitou may still do one. I don't recall off the top of my head.

jawakaman

Did the Titanium have suspension corrected geometry from 94 on as well? My first Yo Eddy (91) came with a BOI, but as soon as I laid eyes on the fabulous MANITOU 3, the BOI had to go into the closet. And there it stayed until last fall, whan it was sold to a fellow FATCOG. Now I regret the sale, miss the YO (stolen 93) and the M3 and wonder if I should get a supension corrected TI BOI replica for the TIFAT. Blargh.

jbrannsten

Staff member
Did the Titanium have suspension corrected geometry from 94 on as well? My first Yo Eddy (91) came with a BOI, but as soon as I laid eyes on the fabulous MANITOU 3, the BOI had to go into the closet. And there it stayed until last fall, whan it was sold to a fellow FATCOG. Now I regret the sale, miss the YO (stolen 93) and the M3 and wonder if I should get a supension corrected TI BOI replica for the TIFAT. Blargh.

The '91 model did not have a BOI but a Yo Eddy fork. The legs are a bit wider in diameter (1.125 I believe) on the Yo Eddy fork compared to a BOI. The BOI was introduced at a later stage, don't remember when but I believe '93 or '94 (someone else in here can probably confirm it).

What is a bit strange is that the forks you sold seems to be suspension corrected. I have compared these against my '91 and '92 model and the two forks you sold are in fact a tiny bit longer than mine. This is a bit strange as the black fork you had is a '91 and should not be suspension corrected.....

BTW: The Ti did come with a steel BOI not a Ti BOI. However, I have checked with Chis Igleheart and he said he had never made one in Ti but would love to do it....but those are expensive....

fat-tony

Staff member
The '91 model did not have a BOI but a Yo Eddy fork. The legs are a bit wider in diameter (1.125 I believe) on the Yo Eddy fork compared to a BOI. The BOI was introduced at a later stage, don't remember when but I believe '93 or '94 (someone else in here can probably confirm it).

What is a bit strange is that the forks you sold seems to be suspension corrected. I have compared these against my '91 and '92 model and the two forks you sold are in fact a tiny bit longer than mine. This is a bit strange as the black fork you had is a '91 and should not be suspension corrected.....

BTW: The Ti did come with a steel BOI not a Ti BOI. However, I have checked with Chis Igleheart and he said he had never made one in Ti but would love to do it....but those are expensive....

I believe that the BOI was introduced on the 10th anniversary model, drum roll please, which was 1992.