ebay outing

Yo Eddy!

Think it is an older Yo repainted in Harlequin Fade. Clues are the dropouts and frame#. Probably '93, but weird #, because of digit at the end. I like the looks, but I do not really like the build up with a mixture of old and more contemporary stuff.

rick

Yo

The color is called Cosmic Dust Fade. It was a stock color, shown in one of the catalogs (cannot recall which one without going back to check).

I have never seen a Yo in that color, but I have a Wicked Lite in the color, and have seen road bikes too.

rick

Yo Eddy!

Checked the catalogues. Cosmic Dust Fade looks so different in the '94 brochure than on the eBay FAT. Probably due to the fact than collors can look very different on the web.

It indeed isn't Harlequin Metallica. Harlquin Metallica = silver on one side, charcoal on the other. Very funny.

joshbot

I chose between two Yo Eddy colors back in '94? '93? at the LBS - they had a Medium in the Harlequin Metallica and a Small/Medium in that Cosmic Dust fade. Man that wine/rose/silver cosmic fade looked great in person - simply a beautiful paint job that seemed to glow and had a lot of depth. There's much more pink in it than shows in most photos, which seems to float above the silver. I chose the Medium based on fit, which meant buying the Harlequin (the paint scheme features silver on one side of the bike fading into charcoal on the other). At first I had some remorse about the choice, but then i began to really enjoy it. From each side the bike looked completely different, because of the difference in contrast between the components and the frame color. And most people wouldn't even notice it at first. When flipped to the bright silver side, the components stood out in sharp contrast. On the charcoal side, the components kind of disappeared like a black on black bike. What was weird is this changed how the bike's dimensions looked. The silver side looked like a smaller bike to me, more compact, kind of machine-like. The charcoal side looked larger, more generic, but "mean". Anyways, I decked it out with tons of trick components I'd been collecting: first-run silver Grafton Speed Control brakes with little L-shaped bits to hold on screw-back pads, chrome-on-silver Cook's cranks, Ringle post and skewers, plus the rest of the stuff off my crashed Ritchey P23 (28/32 Ritchey rims w/ double-butted spokes, XT thumbies, shimano DX or XT everything else). It was a great bike that I sold in a moment of fiscal panic. But I have a new Yo now, and things are looking up. ;) :beer:

fat-tony

Staff member
I was about to delete this post until I realized you brought back a post from 2005 :kissyface