Yoml2516

northbend

Here is my ride. YOML2516. Spicer fork (couldn't find an affordable YO fork). Paul's motolite brakes....front brake squeals like a pig an nothing I have tried seems to quiet it down - could it be because the fork is titanium? Dunno but I wonder if others out there have the same problem.

First time posting an attachment hope it works!

Attachments

• YOML2516.JPG
    YOML2516.JPG
    168.4 KB · Views: 116

jo eddy

Brake

Hi,I think the head reason is your titanium fork,but you can try to build your wheel with very high spoke tension,maybe it helps a little bit!!!

Greets from germany,Olli

fatf**knchance

Hi, your bike looks great! You should be able to toe in the front of the pads, it can be a pain with all of the adjustment with the pauls. Also are your pads/rims compatible (i.e. ceramic?) Judging from the position of your seat your stem is probably too long.

Spikes

What a beauty! Nice components as far as i can judge from the picture. Another picture from the side and a parts list is highly appreciated.

northbend

thanks for the suggestions folks! I will try spoke tension next as the brake adjustments and the addition of the booster didn't help at all. I don't want to give up the fork as it rides very nice and looks cool. As for the seat position, it is installed right in the middle of the integrated seat rails I know it looks awkward and too far forward but it is really the seat design - to make it look more 'balanced', I'd have to move the seat all the way to the back(only another 1/2" or so as the rails are quite limited in length - it is a team fat chance seat though I am thinking of replacing it with a flite anyway..

as for components, here is a parts list:
Pauls brakes, levers

Proshift rear derailluer

Xtr front derailluer

Xtr trigger shifters

Profile carbon handlebar

Thompson stem

King Headset

Synchros Seatpost

White industries hubs, Mavic 517 rims

Shimano Dura Ace Cassette

Raceface Next LP Compact Drive Crankset

Crank Bros single ti pedals

Attachments

• yo2.JPG
    yo2.JPG
    324.3 KB · Views: 65
  • yoseat.JPG
    yoseat.JPG
    210.6 KB · Views: 31

Yo Eddy!

I heard Toyata is experimenting with anti-noise or something. Maybe you should wait for their testresults

Kidding.

Nice bike you got there. Cool seat too.

Upchuck

Beautiful bike! How do you like the Paul Moto's? How's the stopping power compared to other brakes you've used?

northbend

When asked how to compare the motolites to other brakes I can only say that they are very powerful and I do not fault them for the noisy front end. I have no trouble with them on the back..I have limited experience trying different brake setups - have owned shimano, scott, and diacomp canti's and an early pair of avid v-brakes and none comare to the quality and perfomance of Pauls. This is only my second mtn bike - my first was a trusty old Cannondale M700 bought new around 1990 that I rode until this one was put together a few years ago so it is a quantum leap in all respects.