Chris Chance meets Rody from Groovy at NAHBS 2012

John

Administrator
Staff member
Via the Groovy Cycleworks facebook page, guess a few will have already seen this (hope Rody doesn't mind me sharing here). Great to see Chris Chance attending a cycle event after a few years away :)

Attachments

• 423947_10150836599504409_227115749408_12420612_1602825100_n.jpg
    423947_10150836599504409_227115749408_12420612_1602825100_n.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 73

John

Administrator
Staff member
He wasn't in the industry as of last Autumn and had recently moved to California, check Charlie Kelly's thread here.

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
That's cool he made it!

CK posted on MTBR saying they were heading up, and I hoped it was Friday (when I was there). Oh well....

John

Administrator
Staff member
CK has posted a couple of pics over on retrobike thought you might like to see here > Charlie Kelly NAHBS 2012 thread.

JB_RS_CC.jpg

and also

CK_TR.jpg

There are some legends right there :cool:

rody

Thanks to all our Fat Coggers that came to the show, it was a pleasure meeting y'all in Sac.

Having Chris stop by the booth was a nice distraction for the 15 minutes he hung around and we talked about my work, design philosophies, and technical approaches to fabrication.

It was good to see that time has allowed him to move on from the past and rediscover cycling with a new perspective and enthusiasm. Hope to see him on the trail more...with Charlie's prodding, that may just happen :thup:

cheers,

rody

tvcreative

Liked your blog

Rody,

nice reading your blog...thanks for sharing your thoughts and posting on this sight.

Do you think going to something like NAHBS generates more biz or more buzz?

Do you want more biz? Do you need more buzz?

Your work in originals and restos is approaching legendary...

Not sure how you manage it all - you must have more moss on your stones than the average bear...

Thanks again for all the toys in my stable, the fat cog world owes you debt of gratitude.

rody

TV...my attendance at Nahbs is purely to support the small niche that is the handbuilt industry, the opportunity to visit with friends I normally only get to talk to through the web or phone, and to interact with a few thousand folks who really love cycling.

Though I don't "need" any more business or buzz, it's always nice to be appreciated;)

Although it is an expense to be there, it is worth it.

cheers,

rody