Poll

Kirk Pacenti

What is the consensus here, do we like twin seat stays as on most Fat models or the whisbone of the Ti, Monster and Buck Shaver?

The tradishionalist in me says seat stays all the way, but the Manufacturing Engineer in me says whisbone!

What say all of you?

Cheers,

Yo Eddy!

Seems you're forgotten the Poll - FatCogs has a Poll option.

For me there is not really a preferance. I own a Yo!. The conventional looks okay and is responsive, but I would probably be evenly happy with a monostay Buck. The monostay adds some comfort and that had also its benefits. It's the same for the smaller diameter tubing of Bucks and Wickeds. Maybe I even tend to more comfort. I am preety light, so I doesn't need a really stable frame. My Yo! is also has a relatively low frontend, so pedalling out of the saddle is not so fine. A harsh ride forces me to pedle of the saddle more often. Finally: The Schoorl track were I often ride is very bumpy.

scant

I've owned a wishbone stay FAT ti, & now have a later standard stay FAT ti. the 93 FAT ti felt slightly softer. I'd be happy with either :)

apparently chris lengthened the head tubes on FATs after a trip to the lake district in the UK :)

laffeaux

For Fat's I prefer the traditional twin seat stays, as that to me says "Fat Chance." However that's not say that I don;t like hte monostay - Bontragers and Mountain Goats are among my favorite bikes.

Given my choice on a new custom frame, I'd likely opt for a monostay.

lucifer

I definitely prefer the buckshaver monostay set up. I am relatively lightweight and like the compliant feel that it has. It seems to have slightly smaller seatstays than some monster fats I have seen. I'm sure this helps with the feel as well.
Yo's as pretty as they are, are way too stiff for my liking.