Indy Fabulous

Zamfir

I really like the new IF Redux. Clicks all of my modern and vintage buttons. My next new bike will be a similar but a single speed, of course.

Real progress has been made on my IF, getting close and hope to have it rolling this weekend.

Pics will be posted, comments welcome.

Last edited:

02mick

Spikes (;

Hi spikes how are you doing ? Hows the ti fat going ?
Im filling in the paperwork for a indy fab. And really want it to be painted in the old aquafade colour, that would just be bliss. Its ment to be my last mountainbike ( did i just say that) ti or steel, i have no idea !

Zamfir

Went on a fun and fast 25 mile shakedown on the IF yesterday.

Bike performed amazing. Rides really nice and predicable, had a compliant feel. Compared to my normal ride (a Niner SIR9, steel 29er) it feels much quicker in the handling department but not twitchy in anyway.

As for the looks i'm not super happy with the neon red stem and grey forks, but i'm considering having those repainted sometime in the future.

Attachments

• IF gra.jpg
    IF gra.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

sneb

i like pragmatic bikes with this i don't give a f-word attitude more than a bling bling build which never gets ridden!

Zamfir

A few more pics....

....from today..

Attachments

• IF Lake1.jpg
    IF Lake1.jpg
    276.8 KB · Views: 39
  • IF Lake3.jpg
    IF Lake3.jpg
    402.6 KB · Views: 27

Zamfir

just a few more pix

8 miles, 2400ft of smiles and pain. 18.5 lbs helped on the ups.

Bike handled wonderful.

Attachments

• IF Flower.jpg
    IF Flower.jpg
    266.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IF Fence.jpg
    IF Fence.jpg
    265 KB · Views: 62

Zamfir

Dialed in the gearing

and enjoyed a toasty 90 degree 20 mile ride today......

Attachments

• Phoenix.jpg
    Phoenix.jpg
    301.3 KB · Views: 30

RobTu

I bought it from a guy in NYC who wasn't the original owner so the history is lost. I did confirm The # with IF though, I was surprised myself.

Noooooo!!!

Matt, wish you would've let me buy this one back :(

I was the second owner, and I sold it to Atom, and he sold it to Matt. The frameset was bought from the original owner, who had the bike since 1996; lived in Chicago. This was a great riding frame, much like a Yo, but dare I say better, in that it was just as stable at speed, but not nearly as stiff when in the saddle over longer periods.

mattb

Noooooo!!!

Matt, wish you would've let me buy this one back :(

I was the second owner, and I sold it to Atom, and he sold it to Matt. The frameset was bought from the original owner, who had the bike since 1996; lived in Chicago. This was a great riding frame, much like a Yo, but dare I say better, in that it was just as stable at speed, but not nearly as stiff when in the saddle over longer periods.

Sorry man,

It was kind of an emergency sale.

Zamfir

Mini-update

New levers, Machine Tech Zero flex! One step closer to build nirvana.

Still would like to find a Ti (wide) bar, a Paul's funky monkey cable hanger, and paint on the fork/stem.

Attachments

• MT Levers.jpg
    MT Levers.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 30

RobTu

It did, but the guy turned out to be a real jerk. It'll sit in his attic as an "investment"
sorry to say.

Damn. I'd love to have it again. I truly believe it was a first year IF, a 95 or 96. Suck it will never see the light of day again...well, at least till it hits ebay :mad:

Zamfir

Minor update

Scruffy white Flite, Ritchey bar, MT levers, uber white grips....

Attachments

• IF OU.jpg
    IF OU.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 22

Zamfir

Side

Thought i'd post a new side pic.

My neighbor's garage is aging nicely....

Attachments

• OU3.jpg
    OU3.jpg
    394.7 KB · Views: 54