Acceptable A-C for a 94 Yo

Kaiser

What kinda range should the axle to crown measurement be for a 94 Yo? Anyone running tall forks? I've got some 1" judys but travel look long, A-C comes in at 420mm, any thoughts?

IF52

What kinda range should the axle to crown measurement be for a 94 Yo? Anyone running tall forks? I've got some 1" judys but travel look long, A-C comes in at 420mm, any thoughts?

That isn't really that long an A-C, even for early suspention adjusted frames. I have a standard Mag21, a long travel Mag21 and a handful of 63mm SIDs. They range from ~413mm, 420mm and 435mm respectively. The long travel Mag 21 is currently on my 93 Monster (pre corrected geo) and the ride is just fine. Once you factor in sag, the A-C is actually probably down to 410mm. So the Monster is maybe off half a degree or a degree at most with that fork on it.

I currently have a 63mm SID on my 95 IF Deluxe and 95 Yo and the geo is spot on when you factor in sag.

Kaiser

Cheers IF52, I think what threw me was the stanchions, theres about 100mm showing and they started to look a little long.

rody

Kaiser,

A little info for ya..

An original Yo uncorrected is 394mm

A suspension corrected 63mm BOI is 401mm

A suspension corrected 80mm BOI is 430mm

Michael gets good sag out of his forks cause he's larger than the average bear, your milage may vary :D

cheers,

rody

IF52

Kaiser,

A little info for ya..

An original Yo uncorrected is 394mm

A suspension corrected 63mm BOI is 401mm

A suspension corrected 80mm BOI is 430mm

Michael gets good sag out of his forks cause he's larger than the average bear, your milage may vary :D

cheers,

rody

Hey! I don't get that much sag!

He's right though, I am larger than the average bear.

Don't forget that long travel Mag21 gets a massive 55-60mm of travel. So 10mm of sag isn't too bad.