my fat chance bikes

fat66

Had some quick photos snapped over the weekend of a few of my bikes, will try and post them tonight

Buck Shaver #BSM01 red
Yo Eddy #649Y1M grey (was black)
Spumoni Paint Genius Tubing proto with Campy/ Mavic No serial # found,,,,,might be under cable guide on BB?

2 other FC not photo'd,,,,,,,both Wicked models, one U brake chainstay, one seat stay setup
I also have an old Ritchey Ultra, serial #0325?? ( hard to read numbers, any ideas)??

MikeyNYC

my fat chance bikes

Had some quick photos snapped over the weekend of a few of my bikes, will try and post them tonight

Buck Shaver #BSM01 red
Spumoni Paint Genius Tubing proto with Campy/ Mavic No serial # found,,,,,might be under cable guide on BB?

2 other FC not photo'd,,,,,,,both Wicked models, one U brake chainstay, one seat stay setup
I also have an old Ritchey Ultra, serial #0325?? ( hard to read numbers, any ideas)??

fat66,

If you send me the frames where you can't quite read or find the serial numbers, I may be able to locate them for them you ;) Perhaps the ones without #'s were custom, it looks like you have the first Medium Buck Shaver based on the serial #, no?

Sounds like a great collection can't wait to see the photos!

fat66

pictures soon

I'll try and get the photos of the Buck, Yo and Spumoni/Harlequin bikes up Tuesday. I think the Buck might be the first Medium indeed, it's a Serotta built rig, not sure though, many out there must know more details on serial #'s, little help? I don't think the Spumoni has a serial #, but I did not get the chance to look
:redface:

IF52

My memory may be kind of hazy, but the Buck was introduced in 94 while Fat was still in Somerville. Fat didn't move to NY until late 94 or early 95. If your Buck is a Glen Falls bike then there is no way it is the first medium Buck. I think Medium and Small were probably the sizes they sold the most of.

billyb

Definitely not the first if its a glens falls bike. Mine came from Somerville its a Medium #161B4M

fat66

buck shaver in AZ

Maybe this Buck was the first made by Serotta? I don't have much of an idea on the history of this bike, I'm not the original owner.:confused:

fat66

one more Yo from Fat66

I forgot to list my other Yo Eddy, serial # 619Y2M, later 92 with a threaded BB. It's been rode hard and put away wet countless times, all over the SW and Mexico. It belonged to one of my best friends, Steve Garro of Team Mutant fame in Flagpole AZ,,,,,,,,he's building beautiful filet brazed frames the last 4+ years under the Coconino Cycles banner, www.coconinocycles.com. I rebuilt this Yo last Fall with the original Yo fork and custom Stainless horizontal rear facing dropouts courtesy of our buddy Wade @ Vulture Cycles in Orygun,,,,,single speed wheelset and old skool WTB dirt drops,,,,,rides real nice still, 15 years later.Pictures to come if anyone is interested
mg:D

mainlyfats

Buck Shaver #BSM01 red

SPUMONI! Cough up the picture!