Pardon the dust...

Doug Carter

Staff member
Sorry for the down-time this weekend, guys. Things got a little backed up here, and I wound up with half of the forum upgraded. Obviously, it still has no look and feel like the old forums, which I will soon change. We'll be back to the old Fat loud purple, pink, orange and green before you know it.

If you are experiencing any problems, please let me know (doug@apexspeed.com) so that I can fix anything that isn't working properly.

This forum is very similar to the mtbr.com forums, if you guys are familiar with those.

More soon,

doug

Doug Carter

Staff member
The new interface ald look is almost finished, barring a few minor detail tweaks. We're finally getting things glued back together. I'm sure the more you poke around here, the more you will like the new forums. There is a lot more functionality, so we're definitely moving forward.

You'll notice a few nice new features like a photo upload, available to anyone who is registered and logged in, to post photos to their posts. Also, a Members List is now available to anyone who wasnts to see who is registered on the boards. Avatars are also working again, and now slightly larger at 100 x 100 pixels. Personal photos in the profiles are also for use, and they will be about 300 x 225 pixels in size.

There will be an online gallery soon, as it is being adjusted to work with the registered database from the forums. I am working on the details, but soon you will be able to upload your bike photos to the gallery for all to see.

More soon...

doug

Doug Carter

Staff member
The login should hold indefinitely if you allow your browser to stay logged in. There are some odd cookie things happening now, and I need to figure out why they are inconsistent.

The posts stay lit until you close your browser and return for a new session, or manually clear the new icons using the Quick Links or the Clear Post Icon button at the bottom of the pages.

Getting there...

yo' djblu

WAY TO GO!!! top notch! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!! looks great, big impact. I am so proud! Hey being a designer and since u are making avitars how big can they be now a days? I can poke around one morning and make some fun animaed ones if u would like to add some to the kitty.

Doug Carter

Staff member
Thanks for the props. I think it looks and feels a lot like the old one with a bit more juice.

Avatars can be as large as 100 x 100, and I have the file size kind of jacked up so you should be able to do some neat animations (GIF). I'd love to have extras for the hopper.

Oh yeah, I figure out the cookie issues, too. You MUST make sure that whatever browser you are using is set to allow cookies from sites other than the one you are at. The reason is simple. This site is embedded within apexspeed.com, so your cookies will look something like apexspeed.fatcogs, so they won't show as being from FatCogs on their own. If you want to add apexspeed.com to your list of Trusted Sites, that should take care of it, too.

doug