Old/new bike and ??

Kestral

I found this Forum by Chance and I figured this would be a good place to ask the following questions:

I have a Monster Fat that I bought some years ago that to be honest I think I rode twice that I am looking to sell It is in like new condition (the frame and fork that is) Most of the components are from another bike and are old so im sure the new owner will scrap most of them. How do I find out the date of manufacture of the frame? What is it worth? and is this a good place to post it for sale or should I let the bidding start on ebay?

The two times I rode this bike it was fantastic but between school then work the wife and now kids it has just sat in my (Dry) basement for quite some time so I figure it's time to move it.

fat-tony

Staff member
Yes, this is the best place to sell anything FAT because it will be going to someone that appreciates it. Kind of a nice family here. You should look on the bottom of the bottom bracket shell when you flip the bike over and the serial number should be stamped there. Post the number here and someone can help you. It will give the identity of the frame number, the model, the size and the year fab'd.

Also, there is a "for sale" section on this website and please read the "sticky" for posting rules. A nice photo goes a long way with selling and you must post a price. Do a search of this site to see what other Monsters have gone for.

And check your PM's (private messages) because I am sure someone will be contacting you).

peace........ :cool:

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
Great advice-----and I'd love to see pics (even if I don't make you an offer).

Monster's are sweet :)

Kestral

Great advice-----and I'd love to see pics (even if I don't make you an offer).

Monster's are sweet :)

I will have to take some picks but for the time being if you look in the "Readers Rides" area on the first page "Syborg" has a moster fat listed that looks exactly like mine as far as the frame goes its purple or sort of purple in color. I guess I need to take it down to the frame ?? I don't know I may just sell it as is as I just don't have time to mess with it. I do recall it does have a real good Sampson bottom bracket that I may let go with it?

Anyway thanks for the advice and when I get some time I will post it used here.

fat-tony

Staff member
I guess I need to take it down to the frame ?? I don't know I may just sell it as is as I just don't have time to mess with it. QUOTE]

Folks sell complete bikes all the time "as is". Rule of thumb is that if you seperate and part a bike out you can make more profit, but that is for a seller that has the time to communicate, pack, and ship each item and doesn't take in to account how much time they are spending to make the deals happen.

Good luck and you will definitely get interest by posting a nice photo or two.