Just picked up on Ebay

rthomer

Thanks Colker,

I always read your threads with great interest, since you are clearly very knowledgeable about Wicked's.

I bought this frame thinking it could be one size too big. It's a 19, but the top tube is similar to my other bikes. I didn't know at the time Wicked's had shorter top tubes. So a large in a Wicked is similar to a Medium Yo. I think.

But it seems you favor longer stems, mine is a 120, and feels about right for position. if i understand your other posts, you like longer stems because of balance and better handling of the front end. I'll have to experiment and see what works better.

More riding needed. :D

colker

. [/QUO:DTE]
Thanks,

I became obsessed w/ finding the right ride for me. So i began analysing how bikes were built this or that way: wheelbase, head angle, BB height, top tube lengths, stem length.
I ride on slow technical trails so balance is everything. when i finnally rode the wicked i understood the praise for fat chance. a different position for the rider plus tight geometry and comfy steel tubes.

i say try it w/ a 120/10

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
Cooool--VERY nicely done. Rody's bars look great----but I agree, just looking at it it seems a bit stretched out. Good luck finding a suitable stem! If you aren't opposed to going modern, silver Thomson's are pretty beautiful IMHO.

rthomer

Thanks, and in fact I have been on the look out for a silver Thomson. I believe they do either 5 degrees or 15 degrees.

Dr S

Thats my favourite Fat City colour, just looks so classy. Also agree that the Wicked is the best riding Fat for all day use. A Ti or a Yo might be more racey but a Wicked has everything, comfort, balance, poise, acceleration. That is a super bike and one to hang on to and be very proud off. Lovely!

I'm going to ride my Wicked tonight to remind myself just how great they are;)

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
Could you post up some details about the final build? I am interested in the drivetrain in particular--looks like a neat selection of parts. Is it 8 or 9?

rthomer

Thanks,

I wouldn't say this is the final build, a few parts in the mix may be traded out down the line:

8 speed Xtr M900 front and rear derailleur
8 speed Xtr M9__ shifter pods
Xtr cable set
Xt cassette (12-28)
Avid Ultimate Levers
Paul Motolite Brakes
Suntour XC Pro Seat Post
WTB Saddle
Ringle Stem
Groovy Luv Bar
Oury Grips
King Headset
Sugino Crank XD600?? (compact)
Xt Parralax Hubset with Arraya RM395 Rims

The cranks and the wheelset may end up on my Monster someday.