1983 Fat Chance on ebay

fat-tony

Staff member
I'm going to buy that one right after I pay $5999 for the Yo that's been on ebay for over 9 months..... :confused:

mainlyfats

That's a sub-$1K bike. Neat, but not valuable and there's still money involved in putting it right.

... and +1 tvcreative

RobTu

The original TA crankset, box crown fork, and tires add to the value, making this worth probably around $1200, to the right person. Those parts are difficult to find, in rideable condition.

I've sold a couple of those cranksets (175mm arms, as opposed to the more common 170, and with three rings more proper for off, with the big ring being no higher than 48), for well over $200; one for $300); the box crown fork can bring in as much as $300, and the stumpjumper tires (possibly crossroads?) can bring in $200 to $300, if the sidewalls don't resemble shredded wheat. So $1200, for the right person wouldn't be a bad price.

No point belly aching about the asking price people post; ultimately it will sell for what it is worth, and no one ever complains about items being sold for too little; that's something to brag about, when snagged, like a $75 Commando.

So, yeah, anyway...this one is too high, by a couple thousand dollars, at least.