Need some advice on Yo decal colors

mkozaczek

I am all ready to send in my first Yo for a repaint (in team violet) and am not sure about my decal color selection.

All team violet Yos I've seen had the black/yellow decals, so that appears to be the way they came. But to me the yellow isn't quite right on the violet. I was thinking that silver/black might be better?

Now for my white Yo I was thinking either the black/pink or silver/black, or buy two sets and make them black/black.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

WVEddy

My team violet came with black and yellow. I think black and pink would look good. I almost went that way. I am not sure silver will not stand out. Just my opinion.

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
I've imagined redoing mine in violet with the black/pink. I think it'd look great.

On white I'd go black/yellow.

Where are you going to get them refinished?

jbrannsten

Staff member
My '92 Team Violet came with black/pink. Don't know is this was rare, but i haven't seen many Team Violets with these decals.

Sorry for the quality of the pic, but it's a scan of a picture taken in '94:)

Attachments

• Untitled-3_resize.jpg
    Untitled-3_resize.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 6

mkozaczek

I like the pink/violet decals but those are not available from Rody so I have to go with what he can provide. So, I guess black/yellow it is.

I don't think I can do black/yellow on the white... we'll see.

I'm getting them painted by Russ Pickett.

tvcreative

it's really a personal thing

I would go, black and silver on both, that way you don't paint your way into a color scheme

but I don't think you can make a wrong choice pink, black or yellow for the violet...

On the white it's neutral, your choice is wide open, provided the type face shows, black, pink, yellow.

Last edited:

mkozaczek

Well, I think I'm going to stay with black/yellow on the M in Team Violet.

On another note, I will keep my Salsa moto roller stem for the L and use a plain Jane Salsa stem on the M with a headset mounted cable hanger.

Thanks for all the advice and suggestions!