Grello came across the pond!

fat-tony

Staff member
today i've taken jokingly two white tires, just wanted to see how it looks :mad: not bad but on Grello do not match at all!

Still want try the panaracer blackwall or skinwall. ;)

Sell those whitey"s to jonsonneborn. They would look great on his light blue 1990 Yo that is one post below this one. Keep the tires black on your rig. :beer:

rmp

Conti Mountain Kings come in a sort of dark skinwall tire if you want something with modern performance.

nader

hi Fat lovers!

'm still experimenting with :D
a new trial! with silver hubs, spokes and black panaracer :confused:

yo-eddy145.jpg

yo-eddy146.jpg

nader

after a short break has done something on grello :D

A san marco will serve as a saddle, I think it fits very well with my seatpost.

yo-eddy147.jpg

yo-eddy148.jpg

Today I also embellished a couple of xt pedals

baerentatzen1.jpg

baerentatzen2.jpg

after polishing and paint look like new :D

yo-eddy149.jpg

..and make a good figure with the Cooks, here is a comparison

with xt pd-m737

yo-eddy150.jpg

and with xt pd-m735

yo-eddy151.jpg

Now waiting for onza procs tires, salsa saddle clamps, onza chill pills, true temper bar (and probably other rims, the h

Last edited:

nader

it's done :D

I think the little things will be improved always again, but now it's ready to go.

yo-eddy154.jpg

yo-eddy155.jpg

yo-eddy156.jpg

yo-eddy157.jpg

yo-eddy158.jpg

Sorry for bad pics, I can't get more out of my camera, but will always post here better pictures ;)

yo-eddy159.jpg

yo-eddy160.jpg

yo-eddy161.jpg

done.gif

Cheers and until the next FAT Chance project. :checkeredflag:

Nader

Last edited:

nader

The last pics from my studio before driving begins :D

yo-eddy162.jpg

yo-eddy163.jpg

yo-eddy164.jpg

yo-eddy165.jpg

yo-eddy166.jpg

yo-eddy167.jpg

yo-eddy168.jpg

now it must be driven :tire:-:tire:

Salute

nader

yesterday I tested my new onza chill pills, I think they are much nicer :D

yo-eddy188.jpg

yo-eddy189.jpg

yo-eddy190.jpg

and yesterday there was first snow in hamburg

yo-eddy191.jpg

yo-eddy192.jpg

yo-eddy193.jpg

if I eventually find a yo eddy fork then come this beautiful wheels to grello. ;)

yo-eddy194.jpg

yo-eddy195.jpg

.. but if I'd ever find a yo fork! (please help, or maybe I should build one :confused:)

Jeeves

awesome build!

If you can't find a YO fork, how about having Iglehart or Groovy build one for you? I have the Iglehart on my Ti Fat and it really is quite nice. . .

-Raj

tvcreative

I am kinda diggin the travelogue pix. Makes me want to visit and bunny hop a few curbs. You sure do live in a nice looking city.

nader

If you can't find a YO fork, how about having Iglehart or Groovy build one for you? I have the Iglehart on my Ti Fat and it really is quite nice. . .

Yesterday I got this answer from Rody (groovycycleworks).
Thanks for checking in, but we won't be able to help you out.
We are no longer taking orders for small parts like forks except as part of a complete custom frame build. Just not enough hours in the day.

And I am going to write Igelhat today, am looking forward to his response.

I agree, ride it! (cruising around town doesn't count)

There are other bikes for dirt rides, this YO is only for small rounds around town ;)
I would like to pass it just as well to future generations. :D (but sure it will be driven and definitely isn't garage bike)

.. You sure do live in a nice looking city.

ye! only it lacks here most of the sun, i wish more of it! :p

rmp

And I am going to write Igeleheart today, am looking forward to his response.

Chris will do it for you, but you may have to try calling him to get the ball rolling (sometimes a cold email doesn't work). I'd also suggest doing the fork in a non-grello color, as I don't think there is any way you'd match that factory job close enough to meet your standards. Maybe have the fork done in the same pink as your RockShox, or black.

Chris may still have a few local painting contacts from back in the day. I had him build me a fork for my 1990 Wicked and we tried to do color match from afar, (Arrest Me Red!) it looks ok from far away or in dark light, but it makes me wish I'd just gone with std black. Not his fault.

I'm going to have the whole shebang resprayed anyway, the frame needs it.

nader

Chris will do it for you..

I have written to him first, yet wait a bit.

I've not yet thought about color. The main thing I get first a fork. But you're right, maybe a black fits better with the black stem and seatpost.

by the way, your Wicked still looks very good, why want to respray it? :confused:

rmp

by the way, your Wicked still looks very good, why want to respray it? :confused:

It looks good from afar, but up close it's far from good. Some gomer chainsuck'd it (pre singlespeed) and there are way too many spots that need touching up. Plus the fork doesn't match as well as I'd like.

I need to pull that riser car off - it looks pretty bad on there.

BTW, back on topic - my Wicked was also Grello (frame and original unicrown fork) from the factory as I stated in page one. God to I love Grello.

And your bike rocks nader. So do your photo skills.