funny buisness

BostonBobby

There what says to be a "yo eddy" on ebay. Then when you read the description it says it is believed to be a wicked. When to me it looks like a Diamond back bmx.
It has a back kinda like buckshaver but it seems wayyy to small to me. All im saying is if anyone is thinking about this bike make sure you know for sure.

theredchili

There what says to be a "yo eddy" on ebay. Then when you read the description it says it is believed to be a wicked. When to me it looks like a Diamond back bmx.
It has a back kinda like buckshaver but it seems wayyy to small to me. All im saying is if anyone is thinking about this bike make sure you know for sure.

My thoughts exactly, even the head tube badge says DB !

Phony

That is CERTAINLY not a FAT! take a look at all of the brazons and cable housings! and the back of the seat tube. Nothing on that bike has any relation to Fat City, and if you'll look even closer you'll see the remnants of some sort of decal on the seat stays. looks like some guy just wanting to make a quick buck. I've reported the listing as an obvious
"Fraudulent" attempt.

Zamfir

Just looked at the frame and to be honest I do see many Fat features on that frame, though it is clearly not a Wicked.

I'm definitely not an expert here is what I see.

It clearly has the down tube gusset at the head tube which looks like the proper shape.

Bullet seat and chain stays which we all know and love. Constant diameter as well.

Tab on the top of the seat tube with the little ring which my Wicked does not have but i've seen on pictures of Yo's.

Dropouts look like proper Shimano's.

Threaded insert for a FD pulley.

Decals really mean nothing and shouldn't be used to identify older frames especially when the paint is as worn as this appears. For me the cable routing from the seat tube area back looks different from what i've seen but perhaps because it was a smaller frame it had to be routed this way?

Anyway my vote is that it is a real Fat Chance that in a super small size.

Please correct me if i'm wrong.

DC

Just looked at the frame and to be honest I do see many Fat features on that frame, though it is clearly not a Wicked.

I'm definitely not an expert here is what I see.

It clearly has the down tube gusset at the head tube which looks like the proper shape.

Bullet seat and chain stays which we all know and love. Constant diameter as well.

Tab on the top of the seat tube with the little ring which my Wicked does not have but i've seen on pictures of Yo's.

Dropouts look like proper Shimano's.

Threaded insert for a FD pulley.

Decals really mean nothing and shouldn't be used to identify older frames especially when the paint is as worn as this appears. For me the cable routing from the seat tube area back looks different from what i've seen but perhaps because it was a smaller frame it had to be routed this way?

Anyway my vote is that it is a real Fat Chance that in a super small size.

Please correct me if i'm wrong.

X2, looks like a Yo Betty! '96 catalog has it in there, funny rear brake cable guide and all.

Attachments

• sc003f04ae.jpg
    sc003f04ae.jpg
    392.7 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Zamfir

The alignment of seat tube and top could be due to the frame size, so it would vary.

Looks like a Yo Betty to me. Has the rear brake cable loop on the seat tube and many standard FC features.

If it is I sure would like to rebuild this one for my daughter in Team Violet or Pepto Pink!

rthomer

On the other hand....he claims he's had it since '92 or '94. In the '94 catalog there's a Buck Shaver offered in an XS with a 20" top tube. Looks the same to me.

Maybe he could just provide a serial number.

chainline

That is 100% a Fat.....It is a XS, buck or Yo,betty. My daughters XS buck looks Identical to this.not worth the starting price at all though.....

tvcreative

This is a Fat Chance Product all the way

no one would go to the trouble of making:

a loop and a stress relief at area at the seat tube junction

Bullet stays

Angled gusset under head tube

The FC triple cable routing braze on looks like all of my FC bikes

The extra **** around the seat post area is all for odd cable routing associated with a midget frame

My guess is YO Betty or Baby Buckshaver - like those in the know above...

People rattle can paint and sticker up bikes all the time

a serial number would help immensely

POO POO to the twelve year old reporting the guy to ebay...

IF52

Seriously, that little thing was so completely obviously a Fat it's ridiculous to have though otherwise. And while I would at first be inclined to think it is later than the seller thinks, some tiny Fats were made around the time the seller states the frame was made. Remember, Fat did actually do some fully custom frames.

BostonBobby

I just wanted to point out the discrepincys in the ad. When suposed facts dont make sense.. they are either LIES or misinformation. If its misinforamation than the person should state so. Not list the bike as a "yo eddy" then describe the bike as a wicked, maybe a 92... no wait its a buckshaver a 93-94-95 or 96!" "oh no, what am i thinking its realy a yo betty 98!" lmao Its like the time I seen a "85 fat chance" on conn craigslist. the picture was blurry and it absolutley had the triple triangle back of a gt.
When I called the lady she told me it was a "87 kicker" yet she could not "find" serial number. Maybe it was some sort of prototype Fat. But Im ot going to gamble a 4 hour drive from Boston and $350 bucks later to find out!
Like I said the back does look like buckshaver- but ive seen murrays with backs like that! Its none of my buisness what this person has or is trying to pull. I just wanted people to be aware of descrepencys and make their own judgements from there!
I personally would not buy this bike- for the simple fact that I dont deal with people
who pull funny buisness,ie. talk in circles and not make any sense with their storys of aquiring things. If the person is a scraper and found it in the trash they should just say so.. And now you have me going into why I dont like bike flippers- I was going to buy a realy nice klein today from a guy who "mountain biked with it all his life!" HAHAHA I get there and the guys chain smoking hand rolled cigarettes with hands like he just changed a transmission on a 68 chevy! And he would not budge from $500 because "Thats what there selling for on ebay!" I mean it was a nice androit or rascal i wasnt sure because the top tube had no stickers.. but it was a nicely painted one. The bottom line is I probably wouldnt have bought it for $200 Just because of the persons side winding ways.. Now where was I!? lmao
HONESTY- For me it goes a long way.. We are in the age of lies and craigslist/ebay scammers. We are in the age of people hoarding bikes and parts not for their love of them but for their love of what money they can get for them. Im human also and I find myself thinking about selling things myself.. BUT I WONT EVER LIE AND CHEAT AND SCAM And call a wallmart mongoose a 1985 atb pro :mad: The stuff I deal with for my love of mountain bikes! haha so many stories. But ill leave the story of the 92-93-94 no,no wait the 96 yo eddy for you guys to solve.

BostonBobby

I wrote the above before even looking on the latest ad. There are 3 questions. She got it from somone who raced fat chanced "custom made". There are no serial numbers- hahahahahahaaaaa!!!! I dont realy care! But this whole speil dont smell right at all! Think about it- look at all the newly discovered old school shimano dx pedals that are popping up all over ebay brand new in box! They friggen counterfit everything in china!!! Im not saying this person made this counterfit bike.. Im way more intelligent than that. All im saying is maybe back in the 90s there was a bmx or other bike company that made bikes that mimicked those traits of a fat chance and this person is trying to take advantage of that? No serial number and absolutley there should be no sale here! It would not be covered by the buyer guarantee (or maybe it would im not sure) if they sell it stating "it is what it is".. Its 100 percent not a guaranteed fat. Thats a fact and im sticking with that.

BostonBobby

Or maybe its just a scumbag bike thief that assumes its a fat chance.
The person has nothing but bike stuff and he spelled ringle REENGLE.
Phoenix Arizona his laugauge (the way he writes) looks familiar. from Phoenix Craigslist I remember I seen "REENGLE"
bike parts and plenty MORE up. I believe I may have even spoke to this person when I was at the MLB All star game in July about a buck shaver down there and he had a mexican acccent with no go engleesh!
But whatever! Im sure somone will still buy it cause of greed or their belief they are gona get a good deal! But this person wouldnt get a CENT from me!

IF52

I wrote the above before even looking on the latest ad. There are 3 questions. She got it from somone who raced fat chanced "custom made". There are no serial numbers- hahahahahahaaaaa!!!! I dont realy care! But this whole speil dont smell right at all! Think about it- look at all the newly discovered old school shimano dx pedals that are popping up all over ebay brand new in box! They friggen counterfit everything in china!!! Im not saying this person made this counterfit bike.. Im way more intelligent than that. All im saying is maybe back in the 90s there was a bmx or other bike company that made bikes that mimicked those traits of a fat chance and this person is trying to take advantage of that? No serial number and absolutley there should be no sale here! It would not be covered by the buyer guarantee (or maybe it would im not sure) if they sell it stating "it is what it is".. Its 100 percent not a guaranteed fat. Thats a fact and im sticking with that.

I'm not saying the seller is legit, but the frame surely is a fat. The fact that they can't find a serial number means nothing since they state they had it powder coated at some point, which could completely obscure the stamped digits.

BostonBobby

Ok as long as people agree that whether its a fat or not it dont all add up.
I didnt know powder coating would take the serial number off.
:confused:

chefmiguel

Doesn't "take it off" but it does cover it up. Some coaters get a bit heavy handed and serial numbers end up "missing".

BostonBobby

Now that Ive looked around Just outta curiousity. It does look like a Yo Betty.
Even more stregthening my point about the sellers LIES! Would Fat City realy throw this persons friends "son" on a Yo betty to race? Whatever it is.. Just sell the bike-without all the horseshiznit!
idk about everyone else but I get insulted when someone trys to hustle me and it makes me angry. If people like to flock in those circles.. good luck. I dont tolerate it and wouldnt hesitate to do what I had to do to defend myself from being somones Sucker. So im not gona hold my opinions to myself. It just dont seem like too many hold my same principals. It seems like the person made some allies on ebay already.
I hope someone gets it for real cheap and gets it outta this... (biting my tounge)..."persons" hands!