Wicked Lite help

tele

Just traded for a Wicked Lite frame and looking for some help. This is my first Fat (and really first mtb) and I am looking to build it up, not necessarily with period parts. Here are some pics of the frame:
9686717158_3100f33efc_c.jpg

9683473515_9980ca2b89_c.jpg

9683475753_fc4b00a139_c.jpg

9686714756_9c69bd0d07_c.jpg

9683471331_431fcc28ae_c.jpg

The serial# is 152W38 and the bb is threaded.

Anyone have more info on this frame?

I assume I will need a 68mm bb?
Rear spacing?

thanks all and really looking forward to this!

Last edited:

colker

i can see a serial number on the bb shell.. what fork is that? if it's susp. corrected, swap it.

tele

i can see a serial number on the bb shell.. what fork is that? if it's susp. corrected, swap it.
I'm dumb and blind...serial# 152W38.

I got 2 forks with the frame, a Kona threadless and a threaded Ritchey fork.

colker

you want the Ritchey fork. next step> find a seatpost 26.4. will the frame fit you well? i like the color..

tele

you want the Ritchey fork. next step> find a seatpost 26.4. will the frame fit you well? i like the color..
I am not exactly sure on the fit, but according to a riding buddy who has a couple of Fats, this frame is in the ballpark. This frame is an 18" so it should work.

What's best to build these up, 8 speed?

How to tell if the frame is suspension corrected?

colker

I am not exactly sure on the fit, but according to a riding buddy who has a couple of Fats, this frame is in the ballpark. This frame is an 18" so it should work.

What's best to build these up, 8 speed?

How to tell if the frame is suspension corrected?

It's not.
8 sp is fine.
an 18in wicked fits like a 16in late 90s frame. if you are over 5'9, it won't fit.

tvcreative

Wait wait

Wait wait

my wicked lite is suspension corrected...

to blanket toss out a corrected fork is silly.

put both forks in with wheels, and measure the BB height

if it's 11 and 7/8s with standard 2 inch knobbys wheels in, then that is what i would assume is the proper fork.

This is a fine bike. I have one the same color, but it came with a 60mm travel Answer fork. Perhaps the 410mm Kona will work.

i think this a 93 and they came in two flavors flavio

colker

TV is right. They came w/ 2 flavours... but that fork looks like it is corrected for 80mm travel designed frames.
i rather ride w/ a slightly steeper head angle.. that frame if it was designed for susp it's for a mag 21 w/ 50mm travel.

I have a wicked lite year 93 as well.. it's my main ride.

tvcreative

Check the blades. If there are breather holes it's not a wicked fork. If they are clean and filled you might have one.