Chris Chance Road 96-97

Spikes

So, here it is: a nice Chris Chance Road in chameleon green. I think I'll slap a Campy Record gruppo on it, AM Classic hubs, Campy Omega 19 rims, SLR saddle, Ibis ti stem, Veloflex tires, etc. White seat, white bar tape...

Still can't figure out which cranks and which bars to use... It has to look a bit retro obviously, but I like the light weight of the modern bits. I'll keep you posted. :wink:

chance_road.jpg

Last edited:

Spikes

The bars have been added: Ibis titanium squill stem and ITM Millennium bars (anatomic, 42 cm c-c)

chance_road_bars.jpg

(I really should dump that tree by now...) :wink:

Last edited:

laffeaux

Nice frame!

I ride a Sapphire Blue Chris Chance as my primary road bike. It's a great riding frame, and the fork is incredibly smooth!

Spikes

seat added

Hard to find, those white ones, but you can find them in the UK and in Switzerland.

chance_saddle.jpg

Last edited:

Spikes

The wheels are finally finished: AM Classic hubs (Campy 10 speed), Wheelsmith XL14 spokes, Campy Omega rims, Veloflex Pave tires and Conti Supersonic tubes......
chance_fr_wheel.jpg

chance_rr_wheel.jpg

chance_fr_tire.jpg

Last edited:

Spikes

@BillyD: I love Campy. I just ordered my gruppo to finally finish the Chris Chance Road. I'll post a picture when it's done! It will be Record with Look Keo pedals. I can't wait!

@laffeaux: smashing bike! Very, very stylish.

Last edited:

Spikes

Nearly there....

Here are some new details. The brakes, shifters, rear derailleur, cranks and pedals were added. I have to wait for a front derailleur, because a 28.6 clamp type is hard to come across. Next week I'm hoping to finish the project (after a year).

chance_road_bb.jpg

chance_road_cranks.jpg

chance_road_ergopower.jpg

scant

laffeaux, where do you live dude? nice scenary :)

lush paint on these slims b.t.w. I'm loving that metallic green :D

Yo Eddy!

..but guess it took a lot of money too :D

Awesome roadbike Spikes! You are creating a really nice collection of Fats

laffeaux

That looks great! I agree that the paint looks really nice.

Scant, I live in Boise, Idaho. The hills are nice and green in the spring, but are brown most of the year.

Spikes

"Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten". but to be honest: this project didn't break the bank. For the price some people buy an Ultegra equipped Cannondale, I made this. How? Smart shopping and time...... lots of time.