87 Tandem

Spikes

This frame was in almost mint condition and has been fully restored with new decals. It has Campy Centaur gears, front brake and brake levers, Euclid U-brakes, Phil hubs and captain BB, Cook Bros. tandem cranks and stoker BB spindle, Salsa stems, QRs and chainrings, IRD seatposts, Brooks seats, Ritchey handlebars, Velocity Aeroheat 40h rims, Wheelsmith spokes, Specialized tires and cages and non-period correct Time Gripper pedals. The color was called candy apple red and had a beautiful shine in sunlight. It rides like a dream: extremely stable and lots of fun! More here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/31761614@N08/sets/72157627029276287/with/5919038664/

Attachments

• L1100659.jpg
    L1100659.jpg
    363.9 KB · Views: 58
  • L1100640.jpg
    L1100640.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 30

tvcreative

hoky schmokes!

you gotta a certain touch - I will give that to you!

Well done....

love the paint, original?

Who normally does your other paint projects?

Last edited:

Spikes

All original paint with new decals. The paint really looks like new. I guess it was more of a garage queen.

Syborg

what shall I say, I am completely thrilled. This bike is unique and a real beauty. Like all your bikes Pieter

I-ROBOT

If that is a 1987 model, it would have been one of the first ones. When I welded the dropouts on the first one, I wasn't used to the weight or the length of the frame and when I went to turn it over, it got away from me and the just-finished dropout weld landed on my left wrist - just above the cuff of my glove of course. I had a nice outline of a dropout rendered in second-degree burn for a couple of weeks. You could even see the eyelets for a couple of days. Luckily I got it off my wrist before getting really badly burned, but I will always remember that one!
Just suffering for my art! HAHAHA;)
Enjoy it, she's a beauty!!
Scott