2015 Yo Eddy Frames on Kickstarter!

colker

The internet is the final destination of those with nothing better to do than bash everything they see. Check out Bikerumor.com. Every single new product shown is followed by a hundred screaming angry people trashing it to pump up their own egos. Go to any discussion forum like Pinkbike, MTBR or Retrobike. Same garbage. Even fan sites dedicated to a specific companies products, like MacRumors. Look up any promo video on anything you can think of that anyone ever created; product, music, film, artwork, service, anything, on youtube. Read through the comments. It's like the most screwed up people with nothing more to do all day than sh*t-talk, come to the internet to wage their own personal crusades against anything and everyone. I honestly can't imagine how anyone launches anything on the internet these days.

The best advice every Manager gives their talent used to be "don't read your press". For about a decade now, it's been "Try not to read your press, but whatever you do, do NOT read your internet comments. Ever."

Hopefully Chris understands, the internet is the sewer of public opinion and bears little resemblance to the real world. ...or better yet stays offline completely and just has someone else doing his online work who understands this.

So.. you are an authority on all matters and any criticism is garbage, sewer bearing w/ little resemblance to the real world. Really?
it's a democracy. Get used to it. There is always the option of NOT surfing the web.

colker

I want Chance to be build great bikes. Great bikes better my life.. even when i don't own them.
Hype otoh just creates fog and confusion.

Stingercut

I have dipped my toe in the water for a T and some decals :cool:

I would have liked to have gone up one level, but can't at the moment due to other commitments and projects etc ...

WD :D

It's great to see this project taking off for sure. Nice to be part of something :cool: Over to you Chris :beer:

DocChill

Reinvention of Fat Chance Bicycles... Yo!

Hi FAT-Fans, cheers Chris :beer:!!!

I'm also very happy to be a small part of the reinvention of Fat Chance bicycles!

Currently I can't buy a frame but my plan is to buy one, when the first real frames come out... maybe around summer 2016. Because I'm a bit short, I would love(!) to order a 26" Yo Eddy in grello or aquafade with classic sizing in "S". Then I will create a hot singlespeeder with components by Paul.

That's my dream... ;)!

But at first I'll wait for my stickers, shirts and the jersey :)!

It was nice to support Fat Chance Bicycles!

Best regards,
Daniel

P.S. - It would be so great to go to the party... but the way from Germany to California is' so far... you can buy a frame for the flight-ticket... :(.

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
That there's an awfully large headtube:
headtube-red-1024x391.jpg

http://www.fatchancebicycles.com

jpicard616

Cool photos! Looks like they're using hooded dropouts and going without the classic pointed stay design. The grello paint looks reeeally good!

Bulleidawg

Also, did anyone notice that in the grello photo, the top of the seat tube, where it begins to intersect with the seat stays, appears to be tapered or butted? You can see it very slightly also in the photo of Chris holding the unpainted frame.

Attachments

• grello_yo.jpg
    grello_yo.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 35

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
Lifted from facebook (and a member here).

Need to level out those saddles.... but these are looking pretty good!

11046749_10153659197111038_5842466278807688504_n.jpg

11035586_10153659196951038_2479021189946342177_n.jpg

I-ROBOT

Also, did anyone notice that in the grello photo, the top of the seat tube, where it begins to intersect with the seat stays, appears to be tapered or butted? You can see it very slightly also in the photo of Chris holding the unpainted frame.

The original Yo Eddy seat tubes have a welded insert at the top. Perhaps he figured out a way to have the tube drawn down at the top where the seat post will be secured.

I don't know if the NY Yo's had the welded seat tube or not

Scott

Bulleidawg

I wonder if they have the little lug at the seat stay/seat tube junction. That's one of my favorite touches on my '94 Yo.

Scottp

Me too. Yeah retro refurb service and retro builds too ;) I need some classic BOI segmented forks.

No Pizooti gusset. Just saw the two show bikes at NAHBS & they are beautiful! So nice to see this brand back in the game!

Time moves forward & designs evolve. Imagine if Fat Chance never went away - do you think their bikes would resemble exactly what they were doing in '94 or '95? This coolest thing about this show is innovation and interplay between the frame builders & component manufactures. But yeah, domed stays and the Pizooti were a few of my favorite touches on the old bikes. They may not be on the new frames, but the bikes I saw this morning are badass.

Last edited: