Anti-chainsuck device?

ranier

Sup dudes,

I just got a new-to-me Bro Eddy frame and looking it over I noticed two bolt on metal bits on the drive side chain stay. I'm assuming they're anti chain suck devices. The bolts don't look too rusted out. I'll give em a cleaning and re-adjust them when I get the bike together.

Are these common on Fat frames? No mention of them during my research of Fat frames.

oh, and my first frame and post here!

I-ROBOT

Hello and Welcome Ranier!

I don't remember exactly when we came up with the anti-chainsuck device. I would say probably around 1991 or 1992 or so. I'm guessing they were standard from 1993 on.

The plates are hardened chrome-moly that were laser-cut to our specification by a local machine shop.

Thanks for your interest
Scott

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
A member here had fabbed some---try a search and it might turn up. I was very generously offered a set a year or so ago. In my bike-owning experience they were there from '93 on.

ranier

Hello and Welcome Ranier!

I don't remember exactly when we came up with the anti-chainsuck device. I would say probably around 1991 or 1992 or so. I'm guessing they were standard from 1993 on.

The plates are hardened chrome-moly that were laser-cut to our specification by a local machine shop.

Thanks for your interest
Scott

Cool, thanks for the info on these.

Awesome! This helps with the set-up.

A member here had fabbed some---try a search and it might turn up. I was very generously offered a set a year or so ago. In my bike-owning experience they were there from '93 on.

The ones on my frame still look good so no need for a new set but it's good to know if I need replacements.

Thanks for the info all, this site rocks!

Syborg

Maybe these documents can also be helpful. And welcome to the forum Ranier. Place even on occasion a few pictures of your Bro Eddy here to the forum.

Best Regards

Helmut

buckshaver1967

Anti chain suck toothpicks

Hello,

That member would be DonH,

He graciously made me a pair of the anti chain suck toothpicks. By the way, he did an awesome job. If you are still looking for some, he may be able to make you some too.

Peace