Proceed With Caution: eBay Yo Eddy

Doug Carter

Staff member
Anyone familiar with the seller of this frame?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/182103936417?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I had a feeling it may be a M/L, which for some reason I am still searching for. I have contacted the seller twice with no response. Upon inspecting the poor photos closer, the seat collar area appears to have been cut at some point and may be rusted through. The BB area looks to have a crack in it, and possibly rust, but he's not responsive enough to communicate about the frame at all. The $100 shipping cost for a frame is a red flag to me, too.

I'd love to know more about it, but with that type of lack of communication from the seller, I'm apt to let it go. Anyone else had better luck with this one?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Doug Carter

Staff member
Photos, so they stick around after the auction is over...

Attachments

• s-l1600-1.jpg
    s-l1600-1.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 71
  • s-l1600-2.jpg
    s-l1600-2.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 46
  • s-l1600-3.jpg
    s-l1600-3.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 37
  • s-l1600-4.jpg
    s-l1600-4.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 36
  • s-l1600-5.jpg
    s-l1600-5.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 33
  • s-l1600-6.jpg
    s-l1600-6.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 31
  • s-l1600-7.jpg
    s-l1600-7.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 33
  • s-l1600-8.jpg
    s-l1600-8.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 33
  • s-l1600-9.jpg
    s-l1600-9.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 37
  • s-l1600-10.jpg
    s-l1600-10.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 41

I-ROBOT

My guess is that the seatpost was stuck at some point. Appears to have a crack near the bottom of the seat tube too.

Let the buyer beware!!

Scott

Doug Carter

Staff member
So much sadness to see a Yo in such a state of disrepair or neglect. It's like finding a vintage Porsche that was left to rot somewhere in a barn.

You owned one of the best, you couldn't be bothered to take care of it?

Someday I'll find that M/L. Someday. :beer:

Doug Carter

Staff member
It's back up on eBay. Stay away.

I made three attempts at contacting the seller with questions, and he never responded to any of them. That thing looks like a hot mess.

MikeyNYC

I contacted the seller, he's local to me and we arranged to meet and I have seen this frame in the flesh.

It is rattle canned in like 2-3 coats over the original color. I saw yellow and red under this sprayed on camo, there was no serial # on the BB and if there was it was covered over by paint but I literally didn't see anything on the BB shell.

That possible crack may just be paint damage, I saw the top of the seat tube with the clamp and QR off and I didn't notice that it was cut or damaged, I have never owned a Yo so maybe I missed something there? The frame is totally solid but probably has rust issues, it also is most likely a Medium as it is noticeably smaller than my M/L Ti Fat.

Seller is a very nice guy, just busy and not seemingly interested in selling unless someone shows up with cash. The main reasons I didn't buy it was because it was too small and I didn't see a serial #, other than that if you want a cheap entry level real deal beater of a Fat Yo then it's def worth $207

Doug Carter

Staff member
The seatpost clamp area has a washer around the bottom of the slot. It's definitely been cut from the photos I can see.

Could be a diamond in the rough. Could be a donor for the trash heap. I'm not about to gamble on this one. I already have too many stories of risks poorly executed. ;)

MikeyNYC

The seatpost clamp area has a washer around the bottom of the slot. It's definitely been cut from the photos I can see.

Could be a diamond in the rough. Could be a donor for the trash heap. I'm not about to gamble on this one. I already have too many stories of risks poorly executed. ;)

I see that now Doug, I missed that in person as I was focused more on the gusset in btw the seat stays and didn't see where that hole/washer is cut.