Eko Sport Total air carts....

about a month ago i took the bike out for a ride, my SL's were saggy, and gutless... over the course of the ride things got worse and worse... till eventually there was nothing... nursed her round the last of the trails and got home... after opening the forks up i was greeted with this...

elastomers.jpg

I could have been ontop of the maintainance a little better, but hell these forks are almost 10 years old!!! and only on thier second set of elastomers...

hard choice... the forks have always been 'ok' elastomers arnt the best sring material in the world! although the White bros damper did omprove thigs a little... did i get more elastomers or get a modern fork that would work!!! modern forks are great, but 1" threaded forks are quite thin on the ground! the choice would be Pace, Pace or Pace! i like Pace forks and have a set on one of my other bikes, but they dont look right on the fat!

after reading some posts on here i came across the englund/ekosport air inserts... id heard of these years back... and so bought a set... 3 weeks later parcel from the states :) and some new inserts! fitting was really easy and within an hour the bike was backtogether... what an improovement!!! they feel amazing! and as a bonus ive gained an extra 10mm of travel too :)

its hard for me to express just how pleased i am with the feel and perfomance of this kit!! if anyone still uses elastomers, then, please... for the sake of $130 or so buy some of these!!!

www.ekosport.com

Yo Eddy!

I am also very happy with my Englund/TotalAir Judy. Ordered a new set incl some spare parts about a year ago. The old ones weren't really worn, but I concluded it would be better if I aquired a spare pair before they are definately sold out. I hate the idea of swapping my matching Aquafade Judy for a modern fork :mad:

cbh

Any Experience w/ Speed Springs?

I'm in a similar situation. I've got a Manitou 4 and the elastomers are shot. I decided to replace the fork with the Marzocchi MX Comp after no luck finding replacement elastomers. Unfortunately the new fork doesn't work well with my cantilever brake, and the geometry feels noticably different.

After the fact I met someone that suggested I look at the Ekosport site. (I think they are related to White Brothers and Englund?) I sent an email inquiry about options for the Manitou 4 elastomers and they replied with a Speed Springs option. Has anyone here had any experience with this product? It is only $40, but I'd hate to buy them, remove the Marzocchi and put my Manitou back on if the Speed Springs aren't worth it.

Any info on your experience would be appreciated.

Zook

Speed Springs?

My Manitou Three is shot at the moment also, I had an elastomer melt out. I can't find any speed springs to buy and MRP doesn't make them anymore I guess? Where did you see them for $40?

Thanks - Z

cbh

Call Ekosport Directly

Zook said:
My Manitou Three is shot at the moment also, I had an elastomer melt out. I can't find any speed springs to buy and MRP doesn't make them anymore I guess? Where did you see them for $40?

Thanks - Z

I sent a general info email address on the ekosport site asking if they had anything that would replace the elastomer in my Manitou 4. I got a very quick response from them saying they could "hook me up with Speed Springs for $40" and to give them a call to order. I believe the guy's email signature indicated he handled customer service for White Brothers, Englund, Ekosport and several other brands. I guess they are all part of the same parent co.?

If it works out and you get them please post your thoughts/experience. I'm hoping to get a new full suspension bike soon, and when I do I'd really like to go back to the old Manitou on the Fat to keep it original.

Kevin Grady

Ekosport

Ekosport is great to work with!

I am just finishing up (took all summer) a build up of a Chris Iglehart Reynolds 853 frame. I was going to a replica Fat fork from Chris, but I could not afford another dime for this build up. Fortunately, a friend gave me a RS Quadra 21R that would work with the frame, but the elastomers are shot.

I called Ekosport to see if they might have an old air cartridge install, and yes, they found one even though it is no longer listed in their product line. Great to work with, hope you had some luck!