• All For Sale Adverts Must Have A Price !

99 Chris Chance Road 54cm

-JQ-

99 Chris Chance Road PRICE DROP 54cm

SOLD Pending funds...thanks all!

I don't want to sell 'er but need the dough. I guess anyone selling a Fat says same or they wouldn't be selling...

$1600+shipping (This is just a Fat Cogs price) I may post elsewhere for more $. or best offer. But still open to TSE trade +$

p417372525-4.jpg

p347539024-4.jpg

More in post at bottom

Original owner - Green Fade, Chameleon Metallica I think was the name...I love this bike. I built this in 2000 with Full DuraAce, except the hubs, they are Ultegra. King Headset. Speedplay pedals.

Never crashed or cursed at :rolleyes: hardly ever saw wet weather, only by the Hand of God, as I was too paranoid to ride her in the rain.

This is a true beauty (best frame/fork paint scheme ever IMO) I never planned to sell. I'm sure Billy B can attest. This was one of the last ones out the door...the last 54 according to Wendyl at the time.

I'll get pics and more details this weekend.

She'll be packed/shipped with loving care. i prefer to ship by air, as I don't like the idea of her sitting in a ground truck for days...but you pay for shipping and insurance, up to you how she goes but will be very well packed.

for fastest communication, email is best joel.quimby@gmail.com

PMs OK too

Last edited:

colker

not certain...a little help? I know it rides large for a 54

Also open to partial trades on a Canon TSE 90 lens + cash. Any photogs out there?

I am a Nikon guy and have a spare camera. Anyway.. take a tape from the center of the BB to the center of the top tube where it meets the seat tube. that's a center to center measure which is how italians liked to measure till the advent of the sloping top tube geo.
I happen to ride a 54 c-c w/ 54.5 top tube. it usually has a 130mm head tube..

billyb

This bike is gorgeous,Joel has taken great care of it. I wish it wa a 58 because then I would have a pair of matching bikes between it and the Wicked!!!!

rthomer

I'd love see pics too!
If its a 54 c-c, I think the top tube is 55.5, according to 96' catalog.
I doubt much changed between 96 and 98.
Chris Chance road bike sizing was a bit different.
A 54 may fit more like a 56.

-JQ-

I'd love see pics too!

A 54 may fit more like a 56.

This ^^.

I'm going out to take pics right now.

I'm also including my Sidi road shoes/speedplay plates. They are the basic roadie model. Used and nothing fancy.

Cinelli bars, American Classic post, 3T Alien stem, cane creek C2 headset...would like to keep saddle since it is well broken in for my bum, but will throw it in if you really want it.

snapping...

rdunnenb

According to the '99 catalog - 54 cm seat post has a 55.5 top tube (CC).

The Chris Chance pictured in the '99 catalog is in Chameleon Fade.

Nice!

-JQ-

p426034871-4.jpg

p407283820-4.jpg

Ugly stem decal rubbing off...ugly tape residue sorry...and that isn't a scratch on the head tube it is cobweb :mad::confused:

p59286820-4.jpg

yummy
p26475166-4.jpg

-JQ-

more :)

another yummy shallow depth of field shot (might make a nice poster)

p427138340-4.jpg

p347554809-4.jpg

p102202107-4.jpg

p463224011-4.jpg

p136875069-4.jpg

p503840206-4.jpg

p159933015-4.jpg

Cable rub

p385080578-4.jpg

Cable run on opposite side
p171817724-4.jpg

Idiot mark no dent and isn't all the through paint but is there...idiot, idiot, idiot...I think from the first or second ride, stepped over bike, slick surface while stopped on sidewalk, speedplay pedal slips and I barely scrape the TT with other foot. I didn't fall - bike didn't fall - I'm still SICK. Of course buddies there to add salt in wound...still hurts my soul

p244726642-4.jpg

Not sure what this is but it has been going on since they were new. I think it is a clear coat on the aluminum issue?? Did they clear coat this year's Durace?
p395964235-4.jpg

And NOT for sale...but where it all started...my original ride. I'm posting other pics of my bikes in gallery and more at my site at http://www.joelquimby.com/bikes

p235397461-4.jpg

-JQ-

After all the photos. I would still say the bike overall is in excellent condition. Not new but very very nice condition.

I was planning on putting a King headset/wheelset eventually...and nicer stem when I got the right height (back is getting old :mad: ) the 3T is actually pretty light though.

Anyway...there she is.