• All For Sale Adverts Must Have A Price !

Blue Cook Bros Racing crank NOS

bushpig

These cranks have the 94 mm spider. I am asking $250 + 10 S&H in the lower 48. I will sell worldwide but check with me for shipping costs.

Attachments

• cbr.jpg
    cbr.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

schneidw

for real?

$250??? I always thought of Mtn Bikers, especially Fatanatics as a brotherhood... I must be out of touch

Doug Carter

Staff member
FWIW, in that condition (NOS), Cooks e-cranks would sell for a lot more than that on eBay. You ARE getting the good guy asking price, as far as I'm concerned. For something that isn't made anymore, and in high demand, that's a totally reasonable price. I've seen NOS purple ones sell for way over 3 bills.

To me, those are the pinnacle of MTB old school cranks, in any color.

schneidw

My Apologies to BushPig

I wanted to offer a global apology to BushPig and FatCogs,

I stand corrected and apologize for my comment. It was out of line and based on my lack of understanding of "market forces" I was unaware of the collectors out there that focus on preserving bikes moreso than riding them; Not something I can relate to but certainly a valuable mission taht preserves the lineage.

bushpig

Sadly these blue ones are too nice to ride - at least for me. I was running slightly worn purple ones on my Yellow Yeti until I switched to very worn purple race face. The purple E-series moved to my Turquoise Yeti, but then were replaced with Turquoise Bullseye. Now the are waiting for another nice bike to become part of.

bushpig

Perhaps my prior post was too much Yeti content for this forum - my Wicked has Shimano M730 XT cranks but that bike is too nice to ride too. I am eagerly looking for a somewhat used Fat to really take off road.

lucifer

Quit being silly. All those bikes were made to be ridden and won't be happy any other way. A mountain bike without a scratch and some mud is a very sad thing indeed.

Doug Carter

Staff member
Heck yeah! My almost NOS Wicked Lite has some pretty nice chips and gouges in the paint. Gives it character.

Though I do have a hard time taking it out in bad conditions. :D

I would like to have something to ride hard and something to have as history, though. If I can ever find a Fat Big One or Yo Eddy rigid fork, the Wicked Lite will become a roadie and something else will fill the void for trail riding.

We're all interested in the same things here, but there is a sub-culture of very serious collectors and enthusiasts who take the old school MTB thing very seriously. Some of the parts that turn up in swap meets and clearance boxes in bike shops are like finding diamonds to some of us. I know I have a strange attraction to Ringle bits and 3D violet anodizing, myself. :)

lucifer

Doug Carter said:
Heck yeah! My almost NOS Wicked Lite has some pretty nice chips and gouges in the paint. Gives it character.

Though I do have a hard time taking it out in bad conditions. :D

I would like to have something to ride hard and something to have as history, though. If I can ever find a Fat Big One or Yo Eddy rigid fork, the Wicked Lite will become a roadie and something else will fill the void for trail riding.

We're all interested in the same things here, but there is a sub-culture of very serious collectors and enthusiasts who take the old school MTB thing very seriously. Some of the parts that turn up in swap meets and clearance boxes in bike shops are like finding diamonds to some of us. I know I have a strange attraction to Ringle bits and 3D violet anodizing, myself. :)

You are preaching to the choir so to speak... I own most of the remaining new zookas on the planet.

But ultimately these are production goods of relatively recent manufacture that we are talking about. And while they are not exactly common they aren't exactly rare antiques either.

Doug Carter

Staff member
Exactly, but for stuff that was produced and commonly sold in the last 15-20 years, trying to find some of these things we covet can be tougher than an overcooked t-bone. Value is only what someone will pay for it, and there seems to be a LOT of individuals who wil pay a TON of cash for certain parts and frames.

I'm still trying to figure out a way to turn my purple/black Kookas and polished Cook Brothers e-cranks into these beautiful blue ones.

biggrin.gif