so tell me about fats

mikee

just picked up a wicked frame , owned by various RB members
so looking at it ,a press in b/b shell , please tell me about this what am i getting into
q2 , wicked geometry comparing it to an early zaskar i have , it has longer chain stays
so intimates slacker angles , its a 19 " (ish ) frame and has a short head tube

so whats a wicked ,yo ,buck ,fat etc ....

theredchili

Panic not Mikee,

With a Wicked your in good hands ! lovely ride,climbs like a dream and steady down hill, what year is it ? cannot help comparing it to a Zaskar,but the press in bottom bracket is nothing to worry about , I have four now and infact prefer them.It consists of : bearings , Axle and collars.The bearings are pressed into the shell, the straight axle pushes easily in which are secured with a collar on each side.
All of these are available and easy to strip down if the need be.
Look forward to seeing some pictures, have i seen the frame before ?:D

mikee

dunno if you've seen the frame before , but its been on macretro , i got it from zigzag
who got it from radoslav , so probably
going to do a quick probably s/s build on it ,just to see what all the fuss is about ,never really got the fat thang ,but running out of stuff to collect and it came up
at the right money ,my only dis-like so far is the colour ,but it needs re-painted anyway , bit of red rash here and there , not to serious but needs stopped , so i may re-paint it bright green (elr kawasaki green, early one not the later metallic one)
or black
anyway will build it and try it first

mike

theredchili

dunno if you've seen the frame before , but its been on macretro , i got it from zigzag
who got it from radoslav , so probably
going to do a quick probably s/s build on it ,just to see what all the fuss is about ,never really got the fat thang ,but running out of stuff to collect and it came up
at the right money ,my only dis-like so far is the colour ,but it needs re-painted anyway , bit of red rash here and there , not to serious but needs stopped , so i may re-paint it bright green (elr kawasaki green, early one not the later metallic one)
or black
anyway will build it and try it first

mike

Yes, I've seen it .Im running my Wicked as a single speed ,with is great.Good luck with the build

northerndave

Ah, is that the Red Wicked? Defiantly share all the details of the build. I'm in the process of putting together a Wicked at the moment too.

mikee

cherrs guys , still looking for some forks for it
got some nice spinner ones that need the threads lengthened
working on that , might need to buy a die ,no great hardship there
got a set of 730 wheels and other odds and sods to build it , i realize that
people are thinking "its a fat ,give the love you moron" but ,if i like it i will
i think i might get it repainted tho , dont like red bikes

mike

mikee

btw , wheres the frame number supposed to be on these ?
had a good look around and cant see it

its not on the b/b shell

rick

serial number

yep, should be stamped on the bottom of the BB shell. I have one bike (and have seen others) without any number. And sometimes the paint just about fills them in

fat-tony

Staff member
yep, should be stamped on the bottom of the BB shell. I have one bike (and have seen others) without any number. And sometimes the paint just about fills them in

My #405Y3SM was repainted by D+D and unfortunately, you are correct. I now have no serial numbers : (