PDA

View Full Version : one inch old blown out forks! (suspension)

daved43
February 28th, 2006, 6:51 PM
Fatso's-Before I officially put these up for sale (with pics and prices) is there anyone who WOULD be interested in an old one inch suspension fork--or is it all about the box crown and the big one inch? rock shox (the gold one) or a Marzocci adjustable fork that is also gold in color. The marzocci is the old one maybe xc 600 i dunno but it has the holes going up the lower part of the fork blades....not real sure what the problems are with each of these, but i know it's tough to find susp. for these bikes... obviously the collectors think these are worthless but someone who gets to the trails may differ.

Doug Carter
February 28th, 2006, 9:08 PM
I'm guessing the RS is a Mag-series shock? I think you'd be surprised at how the collectors feel about suspension forks. Personally, my era of mountain biking is the early era of boinger forks, so that's what I focus on. Lots of guys have similar interests, as well.

What is the RS, specifically? Mag10, 20 or 21? Sl Ti?

daved43
March 1st, 2006, 8:51 AM
excuse me for not knowing the model of the rock shox= however the fork blades are tapered not oversized like the judy's are,, i will attempt pics later this week.

Doug Carter
March 1st, 2006, 9:29 AM
No problem. Is it painted or polished?

Spikes
March 1st, 2006, 10:49 AM
Sounds like RS Mag 21

Doug Carter
March 1st, 2006, 10:52 AM
Yeah, it's definitely a Mag series shock. Which one is the question. I'd be interested if it were the Mag21 SL Ti.

1_yo_mtbr
March 1st, 2006, 1:05 PM
I've heard good things about a company called hippy tech. They restore/repair old shocks RS, Man., etc. Their address is below...good luck

http://www.hippiesuspension.com/hippietechsuspension/index.html

Bssc
March 2nd, 2006, 1:02 PM
I'd be interested in a Sl if it was in good condition the fork legs will be anodized a gold is color. The FSX series made for Specialized in carbon fiber, the first year was a Mag series the next year was a Judy series. Ti parts form the FSX mag series was a popular switch out on the SL's.

daved43
March 2nd, 2006, 4:51 PM
the fork legs are gold- polished or painted? i am unsure. it isn't a judy as the legs taper down to the dropouts. there are adjusting dials on the top of the legs--the pics will have to wait till the weekend..thanks for the patience. -Dave

daved43
March 2nd, 2006, 4:56 PM
sorry for the lack of pics. by sunday I'll post some. people are asking if the shock is ti. I tend to doubt it, but i've been wrong before. there aren't any stickers or markings to help me out...that's what I get for snowboarding and bmxing my youth away!--sit tight till sunday. thanks --dk---i take it the marzocci is a dead issue?