Yo MikeNYC...Box crown request for ya!

rody

Mike,

I was running through some old photos of Fats that I have and figured you could help me out with some info...

Do you have any pics of Box Crown forks without paint?

Would really like to see the "naked truth" on their fabrication to satisfy my curiosity.

Even close up pics of finished/painted box crowns would be appreciated.

Thanks,

rody

MikeyNYC

Mike,

I was running through some old photos of Fats that I have and figured you could help me out with some info...

Do you have any pics of Box Crown forks without paint?

Would really like to see the "naked truth" on their fabrication to satisfy my curiosity.

Even close up pics of finished/painted box crowns would be appreciated.

Thanks,

rody

Hi Rody,

Are you thinking of recreating one??

I don't have any photos of a Box Crown fork without any paint, nor have I ever seen any of my forks without paint but I too have always wondered what they look like in the "nude" to see how they are constructed...Shoot me a PM with your e-mail address and I will send you as many close up photos as I have of various Box Crown forks including the fillet brazed one I used to have, plus I can obviously take photos of my current forks to show you some differences as I seem to have 2 different versions - my black one has a smaller sized "box" at the crown and no dropout rack mounts (probably because of the Roller-Cam brake?) and the one that I recently painted white is thicker, wider and beefier ( ;) ) at the "box Crown" with rack mounts on the dropouts and a fender mount on the back of the Box...

Michael-NYC